(2) Lund Custom Tunes And Still......

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Van I really think this is funny. Because your all about sales. If It wasn't for Jon, where would you be? I think you have to admit there are problems but Jon has gone way beyond to try to correct the few issues that have surfaced. I think Jon is a great guy and a true professional in everyhing he does. You could learn from him.

Gregg, initially I was nonplussed. So I went back and reread this entire thread three times. Each time I tried to better understand the comments you made in the above quote. There will be no fourth time.

Of all the appropriate rules I could quote that I feel you've purposefully trounced upon I'll keep it simple and quote SVTP rule number 1 (from here)...

SVTPerformance Rule #1 said:
Be respectful.

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
Everyone needs to relax a little. There are no product lines in this world that are 100% full proof. When you are in business, you will eventually have an issue with every product you sell at one point or another if you sell enough of them.

The rate of potential conflict goes up when you start doing custom work.

Everyone involved should continue to work together. If the problem can't be resolved, I propose that the OP get a dyno tune with the products installed at a local shop covered by Van up to the price of the tune included in the package. If that fails to resolve the problem, the OP needs to go back to stock form as something else is going on with your car and you will need to eat the remaining cost of the parts.

That may be in accordance with any return policy Van has, but I think the tone of this thread has gotten a little out of hand and way to personal to think a full return is fair.

I don't know the OP or Van, but just trying to offer a suggeestion.

Scott

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Scott, note the bolded text from the OP's initial post...

Joe5.0 said:
I purchased the basics from Lethal Performance back in early August for the car....

-Innovators West 10%
-FRPP Monoblade TB
-JLT 127mm Carbon Fiber Intake
-Sct Xcal 3 With now (2) Lund Racing tunes
-Gates Belt
-Ngk TR'6's Gapped at 0.30

Joe5.0

Established Member
Scott, note the bolded text from the OP's initial post...

+1

All the information posted has been very helpful guys and i appriciate it.

Once Lund reviews the Datalog information we sent to them, i will let you all know whats going on from there.

I fully understand that this tune is being run nationwide, BUT as soon as i was notified that i was sent an INCORRECT tune from Lund......why am i to think it cant happen again?

Pressure tests have been made on the JLT intake a few times now and showed 0 leaks. It could be a TB issue.

But like mentioned, we will wait and see what Lund has to say.

Joe

Joe5.0

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words Buck and RDSNK46!!!

Hey Buck, you need to update your Signature to Kenne Bell 2.8 with a Griggs Chassis!

Van,

Really appriciate your info in here!

I know that the 1st custom tune was downloaded into the xcal3 from my personal e-mail adress.

The 2nd was loaded in from Brad @ Brads Custom Auto.

Can you explain another method that way work?

Vnmous97

THE PROFESSIONAL
Established Member
i have tried 6 different pre set tunes for my lightning and the parts combo i had... ran like shit .. did a few dyno pulls at fast lane till the tuner was happy with everything now it runs perfect and put down 580tq

just get a dyno tune and you will be good

Van@RevanRacing

Van,

Really appriciate your info in here!

I know that the 1st custom tune was downloaded into the xcal3 from my personal e-mail adress.

The 2nd was loaded in from Brad @ Brads Custom Auto.

Can you explain another method that way work?

Joe

Ask that the files be emailed to you in a ZIP File like WINRAR and then extract the file and save and write to device.

I'd also try and pull the filter as far as possible to the end of the intake. If it's too close the air might not be laminar and cause the MAF to get goofy. Also pull the intake tube down from the throttle body and make sure it is at least an inch from the throttle body and not resting up against it.

Van

Last edited:

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I'm not a huge expert on any of this, so my advice to the OP is simply to check the little things first: Vacuum lines, hose clamps, wire plug-ins, throttle body gaskets, etc. Anywhere that air can leak or signal can be lost. Once you're sure all of the basics are correct, then I'd contact the tuner for more direction (as he has already done). Other than that, good luck.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
can i ask if this car still has cats on it ?? if it does they are most likely your problem ! they will not take any abuse !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

farmboy90

Established Member
Joe

Ask that the files be emailed to you in a ZIP File like WINRAR and then extract the file and save and write to device.

I'd also try and pull the filter as far as possible to the end of the intake. If it's too close the air might not be laminar and cause the MAF to get goofy. Also pull the intake tube down from the throttle body and make sure it is at least an inch from the throttle body and not resting up against it.

Van

These files should be emailed along with their MD5 checksum and hash. This is something you can generate in a second. The customer can then do the same thing on their side and compare the outputs. If they are the same, then they know that the file did not get corrupted during the electronic email transfer.

Van, if you want pointers on how to do this I can definitely help out. It is a trivial thing to do and would help customers confirm things on their end.

Last edited:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
When I lived up there all the tunes I received were lean no matter who wrote the tune. Never had Lund do it but I had 2-3 folks try and they were always way lean, especially tip in. Something about that place. Anyway, assuming the motor and what little mods that have been installed are installed correctly and nothing disturbed it does sound like a upload/ download issue.
The bad fuel thing kills me lol. Does he check all 50 states every month or something??? lol
You can get 94 up there btw, Cenex or something like that has it. I used it all the time when I lived there.

Vigilante375

Established Member
Yea, Cenex is where my buddy started filling up with 05 STi that was running off a custom tune and he said he could notice the power increase and little bit better gas mileage. At least that is what he said. But that place was right off 512 going towards Puyallup. But it closed down and I haven't looked for one since.

It does suck that 92 is the highest you can find unless you happen to find that 1 gas station within hundreds of miles. I fill up at Costco (sometimes) but mainly Shell or AM PM. I don't see why you can't get the car tuned for 92 or lower....I know it has been mentioned before but it should still be mentioned. If I were to buy a mail order tune for a respectable shop that deals with a lot of customers, I would think they would customize the tune for your area and not just say "Here ya go" or "Its a 93 octane tune so use some octane booster at every fill up".

BTW.....OP, you're getting 9MPG? Are you driving it in the city or WOT everywhere? Geez.

farmboy90

Established Member
Lund tunes for 91 octane. That's what I am getting. Van asks for that when you place the order so I know the tunes are proper for that octane.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
I am sorry I would only tune a car on the dyno...it's a $60K plus car for $ucks sake!!

I had Lund tune my car when n/a and supercharged on the dyno and would NEVER consider not tuning on a dyno...and besides a wiseman once told me : Race car, Race tune, high hp=USE RACE GAS!!!

If all physical component are okay ie; intake, vaccuum leaks etc, then try mixing in 3 gallons of race gas and see what happens. YOU GOTTA PAY TO PLAY!

Joe5.0

Established Member
When I lived up there all the tunes I received were lean no matter who wrote the tune. Never had Lund do it but I had 2-3 folks try and they were always way lean, especially tip in. Something about that place. Anyway, assuming the motor and what little mods that have been installed are installed correctly and nothing disturbed it does sound like a upload/ download issue.
The bad fuel thing kills me lol. Does he check all 50 states every month or something??? lol
You can get 94 up there btw, Cenex or something like that has it. I used it all the time when I lived there.

Good to hear from you Greg!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread