#2 lower, 2.76 upper, need help !

JGEMNTL

JGEMNTL
Established Member
i have a metco #2 lower, upper setting, billitflow pulley set with 100mm idler, billitflow 2.76 on s.c. also, i did notch the tensioner ! i know there are 100+ people out there running the same set up ! what is the gates belt size please???
i checked cobra bobs site & billetflow, witch say 2 different things, i cant figure it out !
i was told by steggy to run the stock size, thats not working.......

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
im running a 80745 belt with your exact setup. I have the lower pulley kit idler in the high hole, 2.76 upper, 2lb lower, billetflow full set. with the lowest pulley on the lower setting of the metco mount that same belt was to loose, then i moved it to the top one and it makes the belt really tight and all the way over where i notched my tensioner.

JGEMNTL

JGEMNTL
Established Member
im running a 80745 belt with your exact setup. I have the lower pulley kit idler in the high hole, 2.76 upper, 2lb lower, billetflow full set. with the lowest pulley on the lower setting of the metco mount that same belt was to loose, then i moved it to the top one and it makes the belt really tight and all the way over where i notched my tensioner.

awsome, i tryed 3 belts !!! thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
to get this belt on with the lower idler in the upper position it will require taking the snub idler off its mount, leave the mount there. Put the belt around the s/c and everywhere then install the snub idler back on its mount. It will require an additional set of hands

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member

I can't see a 74.5" belt going on a 2.76/2lb combo with all the aftermarket idlers. I like my belts extremely tight, almost to the point of not fitting and used a very very tight 76" belt with this exact combo.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I can't see a 74.5" belt going on a 2.76/2lb combo with all the aftermarket idlers. I like my belts extremely tight, almost to the point of not fitting and used a very very tight 76" belt with this exact combo.

I was thinking the same thing. I have a 77.5 inch belt on mine and the tensioner is in the middle. The 74.5 inch belt would fit the 2.76 upper with the 100mm aux. idler combo.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
A 74.5" belt is what I used with a 2.75 upper and aftermarket idlers. That was a tight fit with a notched tensioner, I think Latemodel missed where the OP has a 2lb lower also.

JGEMNTL

JGEMNTL
Established Member
to get this belt on with the lower idler in the upper position it will require taking the snub idler off its mount, leave the mount there. Put the belt around the s/c and everywhere then install the snub idler back on its mount. It will require an additional set of hands

really, very cool, i will try that, that is for the 80745 correct ?
thank you very much fr that info !!!!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
i stand corrected its a 80774 belt from napa/gates. I also tried a 80765 belt with no luck of going on.

I was wondering how in the hell you got a 74.5" belt to fit with that combo. The 77" will fit, but be a little bit too long and have more of a chance for belt slip. With a notched tensioner and some elbow grease the 76" belt will go on.

Users who are viewing this thread