2 GTR's

brewcity_mach1

Established Member
was at the local race track this past weekend and saw these!

gtr1.jpg

gtr2.jpg

1QUICKBOLT

Established Member
Had one show up on a local internet gathering. 11.445 @ 122.89 with a 1.796 60 KY. Tune and intake. Off launch control, trapped higher Mph. Deff. impressive car, took me by surprise.

goose

Established Member
Bone stock GTR time at the IFO event in Tulsa,Ok last weekend.

2008TulsaIFO129.jpg

Pretty neato huh?

Lankhoss

Established Member
I want to see dynos and scale readings on these cars. C5 Z06s have an advertised 80 less bhp, but weigh almost 900lbs less. Also, you will have more drivetrain loss with an AWD than you will with a RWD. So you're telling me this car is going to trap 1 - 2mph more than a C5 Z??

flattusmaximus

Established Member
At orlando speed world one went 11.7 at 118 with launch control. Then 12.1 without. Nice cars, but when they launch it looks like everythings falling apart.

CLOCKWO12K

Custom User Title
Established Member
great cars out of the box, but as far as potential goes after the fact, there is only so much you can do with them.
i would rather have a new gt500 and 50k to play with.:rockon:
(only person i know that has had the gtr for about 4 months, claimed he ordered in a year+ ago and payed about 100 on the nose).

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
great cars out of the box, but as far as potential goes after the fact, there is only so much you can do with them.
i would rather have a new gt500 and 50k to play with.:rockon:
(only person i know that has had the gtr for about 4 months, claimed he ordered in a year+ ago and payed about 100 on the nose).

MSRP deals are pretty common, (from what I read on www.nagtroc.org). More like a GT500 and 20k to play with.

These are brand new cars, mods are scarce but so far with just a cobb accessport hand held tuner, these cars are picking up 60-70whp. Thats just the tip of the iceberg. All they need is time.

CLOCKWO12K

Custom User Title
Established Member
maybe, i know new gt500s in my area (d.c. metropolitan) are going for mid 50's, and the pre-order for the new gtr put it at about 100k(still have yet to see any sitting on dealer lots).

also ive heard from a variety of sources that the sleeves on the block in the gtr are extremely thin, basically limiting aftermarket potential without serious motor work. of course as time goes by anything becomes possible with most cars out there as aftermarket support becomes available, and tuners become more and more comfortable with the cars set-up.

what im trying to say is the gtr isnt the next bullet-proof supra motor that can handle infinite horsepower with stock internals, its fairly limited as far as the motor itself is built.

flattusmaximus

Established Member
most gt500's are only going for 5000 above sticker these days. At the nissan dealership in orlando their going for 103,000. Msrp is 73,000. My buddie bought one for 48,000 over sticker.

Users who are viewing this thread