2 Day Terminator Road Trip to Mid-Japan

Spudz

Established Member
Japan is such a beautiful country. Nice ride and awesome trip. Thanks for sharing. I love seeing posts from the international community on here.

atxjustice6r

Established Member
Beautiful pics OP! Looks like an amazing trip. I want to visit out there so bad. I'm hoping to get there next year.

Seeing an 03/04 Cobra over there is probably like seeing an R34 here! Car looks great!

I was gonna say the same thing. We got little teenagers over here drooling about importing a Skyline and you imported a badass American car! I like your style. Do you have any performance mods done to your Cobra? I bet it's a pain finding a vendor that will ship over there

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Awesome. How much does the yearly registration, or whatever they call it, cost?

SVT GI

Established Member
Great shots and love the DSG! It was ironic to see this thread as I'm sitting in Haneda airport waiting for my flight back to Okinawa. I spent the last two weeks between Misawa and Tokyo, beautiful country with great views! Wish I had seen some American muscle though lol.

u1cobra

Established Member
That's a serious looking burger! I gotta say, I've never had mozzarella on one...I'm going to have to give that a try.
try it! it will delicious.:beer:

Loved the video! Great pics.

What are the jap police like with you ripping around in a Cobra?
Thank you very much!:beer:
Japanese police do not so many patrol.
My last speeding ticket was in begining of 1999 by Utah highway patrol.lol
end of 1991 was last ticket(second one) in my country, I'm a very very good driver.lol

LOL looks pretty American tasting to me
lol

Great cruise! Japan looks amazing. I never knew "american style diners" were a thing...
Thank you!:beer:

Amazing photos

Japan is such a beautiful country. Nice ride and awesome trip. Thanks for sharing. I love seeing posts from the international community on here.
Thank you very much.:beer:
Visit my country oneday!

This thread wins. awesome pictures op

Absolutely amazing photos! We need more threads like this on SVTP.

I was gonna say the same thing. We got little teenagers over here drooling about importing a Skyline and you imported a badass American car! I like your style. Do you have any performance mods done to your Cobra? I bet it's a pain finding a vendor that will ship over there
2.76 Pulleys, JLT cold air, exhausts, SCT by previous owner in California, new JLT and suspensions, brakes, wider rear tires by myself.
Some shops like CJ pony parts, Stangmods, Summit Racing are very convinient for international.
But most of tire shops do not ship internationally, if one of them can do unfortunately shipping charge is very expensive.

Epic Video! That tunnel is amazing
Thank you! It was very fun!:beer:

Last edited:

u1cobra

Established Member
nice pics, i always get jealous when you post your cars in Japan

Awesome pics, cobra looks great.!

Awesome. How much does the yearly registration, or whatever they call it, cost?
I paid annual vehicle tax 2days ago, it was ¥88,000($727)for Cobra, ¥39,500($326) for Focus:bash:
Annual vehicle tax rates depend on engine displacement.:bash::bash::bash:
We have to get vehicle inspection every 2years, it will cost around ¥200,000($1,600) include vehicle weight tax ¥32,800($270), if car had no problem.
American V8 car owners forced pay higher taxes than rich exotic car owners.
These two taxes are one of big reason why Japanese people don't buy American cars.

Great shots and love the DSG! It was ironic to see this thread as I'm sitting in Haneda airport waiting for my flight back to Okinawa. I spent the last two weeks between Misawa and Tokyo, beautiful country with great views! Wish I had seen some American muscle though lol.
I heard American muscle is very rare in Okinawa.
Thank you for serving world peace, and have safe!:beer:

SeikenFreak

2 Scoops
Established Member
That tunnel road is aweeeessssooommme! Looks so much fun.

Would be super cool if he could help source me parts for my car /nudgenudge.. can't wait to make that future thread

4601S/C

Established Member
Awesome pics, and tanks for sharing! What is it like owning a Terminator over there?

Torchy

Established Member
Great thread! The pics are stunning! Sooo glad you took a pic of the burger. Looks pretty American to me.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Excellent pics - When you see the waterfall pics, you can almost here the sound…
Thanks for posting them!

Users who are viewing this thread