2.9L Whipple 1/8 mile times

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
My best ever with whipple was 6.42 at 112 and 9.95 at 142mph, the car made 712hp and I had 3.55 gear and 26x10 slicks. I think you got a great setup on your car and it will definitely go 9's on a good track.

Thanks! Where you on a 2.3L Whipple! If so thats awesome!

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
Congrats, I was wondering what it ran! In cooler weather it will go much faster, I'm after 6.30's too but you'll get there much sooner than me lol. Have you tried shaving a little weight? I know a lot of people like to run their numbers at full weight but its crazy how much you can pick up if you shave a few hundred pounds.Taking the rear speakers out, moving the battery to the trunk, and running a single seat would do wonders!

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
Congrats, I was wondering what it ran! In cooler weather it will go much faster, I'm after 6.30's too but you'll get there much sooner than me lol. Have you tried shaving a little weight? I know a lot of people like to run their numbers at full weight but its crazy how much you can pick up if you shave a few hundred pounds.Taking the rear speakers out, moving the battery to the trunk, and running a single seat would do wonders!

Yea I think it will do better with better weather! I hope! Those runs were with full interior/spare tire/jack etc. Going to pull the passenger seat out and the spare tire/jack for the 5/6 speed shootout this weekend.

Nice runs!

Thanks buddy!

congrats Justin !!

Thanks! I wanna see you get that record!

congrats that thing is moving

Appreciate it!

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Great numbers! I've only had my 2.9 whipple/E85 setup to the track once and was no where near those times. Iowa is still on E70 winter blend so my AFR's were super rich at 10.3-10.5 and I was on 18" Toyo R888's. Spun through 3rd and my best was a 7.2 @ 103. Awesome runs, Im looking forward to getting back out with good gas and tires!

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
Yea I think it will do better with better weather! I hope! Those runs were with full interior/spare tire/jack etc. Going to pull the passenger seat out and the spare tire/jack for the 5/6 speed shootout this weekend.

Thanks buddy!

Thanks! I wanna see you get that record!

Appreciate it!

no record yet....installed a 3500 rpm stall and went a few numbers in the wrong direction.....I believe we are going to have to do some work on the tune in the trans:burnout:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I went to our local 1/8th mile track this weekend and was wondering what some of the other twin screw times are compared to mine. Here is a run down of my best pass:

60' 1.43
330' No time
1/8th 6.54
MPH 110.5

I made two 6.5x passes and one 6.63. I am switching from a 3.73 to a 3.55 this week and going back next weekend. I want 6.30s!

Car weight is 3650ish with me and I'm on 28x10.5 slicks. Car is on 22lbs and E85. Made 741hp and 674tq on a dyno jet. Numbers are STD but I don't care about dyno numbers just the numbers that light up on the board when I cross the traps.

Very very impressive especially for hot weather racing.
You will definitely be knocking on the 9s in better weather!

blown302stng

Established Member
I am pretty sure he improved his PB by a couple numbers this past weeked and conditions were worse..Car is going to be dirty once we get some cooler weather

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Killer times. Sorry I didnt get back with you.

I run a spec 5 clutch. Stiffwall ET Drags and shift at about 6400rpm. Im on 110 also, cant wait to see what the E85 and new motor/solid axle does for the combo.

Last edited:

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
Killer times. Sorry I didnt get back with you.

I run a spec 5 clutch. Stiffwall ET Drags and shift at about 6400rpm. Im on 110 also, cant wait to see what the E85 and new motor/solid axle does for the combo.

How do you like the spec 5? Are you running a stock trans? I had planned on going with the spec 5 but I keep getting told it will be too hard on my stock trans...

Users who are viewing this thread