2.9L Whipple 1/8 mile times

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
I went to our local 1/8th mile track this weekend and was wondering what some of the other twin screw times are compared to mine. Here is a run down of my best pass:

60' 1.43
330' No time
1/8th 6.54
MPH 110.5

I made two 6.5x passes and one 6.63. I am switching from a 3.73 to a 3.55 this week and going back next weekend. I want 6.30s!

Car weight is 3650ish with me and I'm on 28x10.5 slicks. Car is on 22lbs and E85. Made 741hp and 674tq on a dyno jet. Numbers are STD but I don't care about dyno numbers just the numbers that light up on the board when I cross the traps.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
That's a great time for first time out! I've only got 3 passes on mine with the sra and the car was all over the place. Working on the suspension and putting a rollbar in now.
But my best 1/8 mile at the shootout was a [email protected] with a 1.43, the car would initially launch hard but then unload the tires and twist all over the place, dancing from side to side.
With a 6.50 1/8 you are tapping on 9s in the 1/4!
Great job! Look forward to seeing how you do this fall!

CobraStruck

Established Member
That's a great time for first time out! I've only got 3 passes on mine with the sra and the car was all over the place. Working on the suspension and putting a rollbar in now.
But my best 1/8 mile at the shootout was a [email protected] with a 1.43, the car would initially launch hard but then unload the tires and twist all over the place, dancing from side to side.
With a 6.50 1/8 you are tapping on 9s in the 1/4!
Great job! Look forward to seeing how you do this fall!

Thanks! Yea I think a 6.45 will get me in the 9's. I know what you mean about all over the place. At the top of third she was moving around some.

Damn man. That's moving out like a boner in sweat pants!

Haha thats pretty funny! Thanks

CobraStruck

Established Member
What were you launching at?

I have a 2-step but wasn't using it. I was just holding the rpms between 3500-4000 and doing a light slip. As soon as the clutch was out and I was all in it would start to spin maybe half way through first. I'm going to try the 3.55 so hopefully I can launch a little harder and have a little more room at the top of 3rd before having to switch to 4th.

85GTVert

Established Member
Thanks! Yea I think a 6.45 will get me in the 9's. I know what you mean about all over the place. At the top of third she was moving around some.

Car looked good buddy, it almost looked like you were spinning some in third from the staging lanes on your 6.5 pass, it was at least hazing the tires because I could see where it went out of the groove and you drove it back in. I think you have a couple more ten's in her the way it sits, maybe a high 6.3 or low 6.4 if the track would hold you all the way through the 1/8.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing this as Im gonna make the switch to e85 in the fall and ready to run in the spring.

blown302stng

Established Member
Da's were in the 2500 range so definitely has more in it...look forward to heading out to piedmont this weekend and see how it goes

CobraStruck

Established Member

Car looked good buddy, it almost looked like you were spinning some in third from the staging lanes on your 6.5 pass, it was at least hazing the tires because I could see where it went out of the groove and you drove it back in. I think you have a couple more ten's in her the way it sits, maybe a high 6.3 or low 6.4 if the track would hold you all the way through the 1/8.

Yea 6.3Xs-6.4Xs is what I want! I'll get there just may take some time.

Congrats Justin hate I missed it!!

Thanks buddy! Are you coming to Piedmont?

Hope this plays I've been having issues with youtube.

[youtube_browser]7mCh98LZ83w[/youtube_browser]

Thanks Wes!!!!

Da's were in the 2500 range so definitely has more in it...look forward to heading out to piedmont this weekend and see how it goes

Yea I'm hoping Piedmont is on kill too! Weather looks ok so far!

Kiohtee

Established Member
I hate that I missed this, but congrats man! You should teach me a thing or two at the track sometime. :)

vidzdansvt

Established Member
My best ever with whipple was 6.42 at 112 and 9.95 at 142mph, the car made 712hp and I had 3.55 gear and 26x10 slicks. I think you got a great setup on your car and it will definitely go 9's on a good track.

SvTDsG

Unported!
Established Member
No Mike I didn't Matt had left with Jeremy to run to the parts store. Wish I would have got someone else to video, I didn't realize that he was gone.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Mine was going 6.30's @ 110-111 at similar power @ 3700lbs. 6 speed/IRS

Users who are viewing this thread