2.9L Crusher Numbers

S04T

Established Member
Got the car back after getting the Whipple installed this last weekend. Going with a 4lb lower when I install the clutch but still pretty happy with the numbers as it sits now...alot better than the 446hp it made a few months ago, lots of room for more power!! For all you non-E85 Crusher guys, is this in line with what you were making with stock lower/upper?

18lbs
627HP
535TQ

:rockon:

testorossa1989

Established Member
Got the car back after getting the Whipple installed this last weekend. Going with a 4lb lower when I install the clutch but still pretty happy with the numbers as it sits now...alot better than the 446hp it made a few months ago, lots of room for more power!! For all you non-E85 Crusher guys, is this in line with what you were making with stock lower/upper?

18lbs
627HP
535TQ

:rockon:

Those are some nice numbers

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Numbers seem a tad low, especially torque. But nothing I would be scared that something is wrong, what timing are you at?

testorossa1989

Established Member
Numbers seem a tad low, especially torque. But nothing I would be scared that something is wrong, what timing are you at?

For one thats on pump on 18psi and non crusher thats about close give or take a few hp. Its popular to spin at 21+ psi on those 2.9s

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I think you need to spin that 2.9L Crusher a little harder with race fuel ... or E85!! :D

...Congrats on the new power though :beer:

S04T

Established Member
I think you need to spin that 2.9L Crusher a little harder with race fuel ... or E85!! :D

...Congrats on the new power though :beer:

For one thats on pump on 18psi and non crusher thats about close give or take a few hp. Its popular to spin at 21+ psi on those 2.9s

Agreed and thank you!! I probably should have just pulled the trigger on the 4lb lower when we installed the Whipple. From what you have heard does the throttle get more responsive at 22psi? Corn is on the to do list!

Not sure, just based on the numbers that it made I would guess they probably didn't put any timing in when they tuned it.

Those are some nice numbers

Thank you!! It definitely woke the car up a bit! :burnout:

testorossa1989

Established Member
I would stay away from a lower. Theres a lot of bad news with those lately, I opted out back in the day and now the real truth is coming to light. 22psi on Corn is a entirely different beast compared to 18 on pump

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I would stay away from a lower. Theres a lot of bad news with those lately, I opted out back in the day and now the real truth is coming to light. 22psi on Corn is a entirely different beast compared to 18 on pump
Really?? Where?? .... I'd say many have had much success with a lower! 2+ years with my 4# lower and ZERO issues! Personally, I believe any failure could be with the installment...Just my opinion :rockon:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Really?? Where?? .... I'd say many have had much success with a lower! 2+ years with my 4# lower and ZERO issues! Personally, I believe any failure could be with the installment...Just my opinion :rockon:

Agreed.
Had my 4lb lower since 2005 with no issues.
My car is run harder than most.

testorossa1989

Established Member

Its all over the place, as far as recently i would say in mid december we had a few failures from members. Jared also had his fail twice i believe it was (that i was told). Also the extensive list goes back of failures. Each man has his own opinion but id NEVER put that on my car. Id get a CNC to design me some adapter brackets for more idler contact points before i put one of those on, thats just me

SxyMuffinSnake

Established Member
Had my 4lbs on for bout a year now with no problems. This is the first time Ive heard anything negative about it, besides some guy not torquing the mounting bolts down right and it snapping

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
No Whipple here, but in my experience, more boost will give more throttle response. Go E85, its a whole different animal when you add 5-6* timing.

gabe1530

Banned
those numbers seem right for your boost and pump gas. torque is low as most bigger bigger blower setups that run below/around 18lbs. just have to spin it harder with e85.
whats your fuel system consist of?

eaglesnick

Established Member
I have a 2.9 non-crusher on 93 a little over 17# of boost and 18* of timing and my numbers are 719/630, but I have a built motor. As for the lower issues they seem to be more prevalent on the bigger blowers 3.4 and up, the bigger blowers take a lot to spin and put tremendous strain on the lower, not so much with the 2.3 and 2.9. I had a 4# lower on my 2.3 setup for 6+ years and I am now running a 2# lower without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread