2.93 Upper with 4lb. Lower - Do-Able without changing MAF/Inj's/Pumps?

Shanezam203

Established Member
Hey Dom, question for ya. (sorry I dont know anything about upgrading fuel system and all... ) But didn't you have a thread somewhere here, or somewhere that compared dyno #'s with the 2.93 and a 2.80? And you said the 2.80 created too much heat, so you suggested everyone sticks with the 2.93? How is it that you can add a 4# lower (around 4 additional pounds of boost) on top of the 2.93 and not create the same heat the 2.8 alone did?
You'd think you're creating more heat than hp at that level, but thats debatable. Im just curious why you didnt go with the 2.8 a few weeks ago, but now you want the 4# lower on top of your 2.93. There are a lot of guys running more than just a 2.8 and 2.93 I was just curious why you were against it a few weeks ago after the dyno?
:burnout: Shane

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by Shanezam203
Hey Dom, question for ya. (sorry I dont know anything about upgrading fuel system and all... ) But didn't you have a thread somewhere here, or somewhere that compared dyno #'s with the 2.93 and a 2.80? And you said the 2.80 created too much heat, so you suggested everyone sticks with the 2.93? How is it that you can add a 4# lower (around 4 additional pounds of boost) on top of the 2.93 and not create the same heat the 2.8 alone did?
You'd think you're creating more heat than hp at that level, but thats debatable. Im just curious why you didnt go with the 2.8 a few weeks ago, but now you want the 4# lower on top of your 2.93. There are a lot of guys running more than just a 2.8 and 2.93 I was just curious why you were against it a few weeks ago after the dyno?
:burnout: Shane

hahah.
Shane there is one great answer to that. I WANT MORE POWER BACK.. the itch has completely taken over, AGAIN
There were a couple of options I was pondering, including actually putting my 2.80 upper back on.

Another option im considering right now is a Whipple or Kenne Bell.

The final option is the current question in this thread: Leaving the 2.93 upper and going with a 4lb. lower.

And YES this will create the added heat that we all just love so much. I am willing to try out various options right now to get maximum power.

Its never enough with me, you should know that. lol :D

Dom

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dom, stop playing around. GET THE WHIPPLE AND BE DONE WITH IT! You know that's what you really want to do. And you won't be happy until you do. LOL! I don't know buddy, I think you're having way too much fun with the vert! :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dom, fuel pumps may be an issue. You have a ported blower so you're going to be easily over the 510rwhp level. I can tell you for a fact that when I reached 504rwhp I pegged my stock MAF and had to replace my fuel pumps. Injectors were fine. I would say play it smart at that level and replace the pumps, get Mjchip's MAF Extender and consider bigger injectors (which will make your pumps work less).

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by CobraBob
Dom, fuel pumps may be an issue. You have a ported blower so you're going to be easily over the 510rwhp level. I can tell you for a fact that when I reached 504rwhp I pegged my stock MAF and had to replace my fuel pumps. Injectors were fine. I would say play it smart at that level and replace the pumps, get Mjchip's MAF Extender and consider bigger injectors (which will make your pumps work less).

I know bob.
Youre right.
But if I buy the pumps, inj's, and mafxtender I might as well buy a damn whipple.

ugggghhh :??:

Shanezam203

Established Member
yeah if your buying all that (fuel system upgrade) then you are just a step away from the whipple. On the subject of pumps and fuel systems... How do you know your fuel pumps are at the max? Say you are around 500 at the wheels, how can you tell your fuel pumps need to be replaced?
Thanks, Shane

Users who are viewing this thread