2.93 upper 4lb lower stock eaton

Dred

Established Member
Looking to max out the non-ported Eaton for a while before getting a Whipple. Seen a few guys running this combo. Anyone running this with feedback?

Will be dyno tuning on 93+ octane. Street driven, no track. Looking for torque

2.93 upper and 4lb lower
Accufab TB and plenum
Magnaflow Cat-back
CAI
aftermarket heat exchanger (not sure which one)
stock injectors

anything else?

Last edited:

Quick Strike

Established Member
MAF, BAP and 60# injectors. That is too much boost for an unported Eaton.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I ran that combo for 3 yrs with no issues. 93 pump gas. I was making 457/507 at the wheels. Went 11.80 in the 1/4.

you will need a maf, 3.2" alt pulley, idlers and upper tensioner, and possibly a BAP. Stock injectors are fine but if you have the money upgrade.

Its not over spinning the blower. Enjoy, the car will pull hard.

mustang john

Established Member
I ran a 2.76/#4 unported for several years. It will heat soak if you beat on it repeatedly on the street but if you cool it properly it will run damn strong at the track. Best I got with that was an 11.35@122 and that was with an SRA and bigs and littles and not much else mod wise! I think I made 460/520 if I remember correctly, that's been more than a few years ago lol.

Last edited:

Dred

Established Member
I ran a 2.76/#4 unported for several years. It will heat soak if you beat on it repeatedly on the street but if you cool it properly it will run damn strong at the track. Best I got with that was an 11.35@122 and that was with an SRA and bigs and littles and not much else mod wise! I think I made 460/520 if I remember correctly, that's been more than a few years ago lol.

Wow that's a lot of boost for a stock Eaton. Do you remember how much boost you were making? According to the boost chart 2.93 and 4lb is just over 15lbs.

mustang john

Established Member
17ish if i remember right, on a cool night maybe 18. Car made crazy torque with that setup and when i went to the port i kept everything else the same and picked up 4mph and .3 in the 1/4 right off the bat.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
2.93 / 4lb unported eaton here, stock fuel system with JLT CAI, gords heat exchange, dyno tune.

Been running this set up for atleast 4 years now with no issues ( except stupid squealing belts )

it's all in the tune

AbrahamSVT03

Established Member
2.93 / 4lb unported eaton here, stock fuel system with JLT CAI, gords heat exchange, dyno tune.

Been running this set up for atleast 4 years now with no issues ( except stupid squealing belts )

it's all in the tune

I wanna run that setup , But that issue of squeking the belt , is because you dont have installed your idlers ? or you already got them ? i mean the 4 idlers or just the tensioner

03' White Snake

Established Member
Gates belts chirp after a while. Nothing to do with idlers. Run Gatorback belts and the problem is solved. Do some searching and you will see.

Freakingstang

Established Member
I ran that combo for 3 yrs with no issues. 93 pump gas. I was making 457/507 at the wheels. Went 11.80 in the 1/4.

you will need a maf, 3.2" alt pulley, idlers and upper tensioner, and possibly a BAP. Stock injectors are fine but if you have the money upgrade.

Its not over spinning the blower. Enjoy, the car will pull hard.

Lol in a 4060lb vert with heavy forged wheels with driver I went 11.6's on 18" KDW's with an 2.65 upper only. IT also made 474/495 upper only. how many alternators did you go thru?

MAF, BAP and 60# injectors. That is too much boost for an unported Eaton.

Yes it is... Would love to see IAT2's on that combo...

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
Wow that's a lot of boost for a stock Eaton. Do you remember how much boost you were making? According to the boost chart 2.93 and 4lb is just over 15lbs.

ported or not, its still a lot of boost. yea porting it will make it a little more efficient. But your still spinning the blower the same rpm as a non ported eaton. The 2.76 4lb lower is a 19lb setup. My car ran a 11.45 with a 2.80 upper only. No lower. Trap speed with in the 12xmph. I am just not a fan of spinning the eaton that hard. everyone has there own liking. That blower at big boost will taper off at the top end.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread