2.93+Steggy Port users in here please

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
I just installed an autometer boost gauge and took the Cobra out for a WOT blast. In third gear, I noticed I was only making 12 lbs of boost. My combo is a 2.93 with a steggy IV port. I don't see any evidence of belt slip (no dust). Shouldn't the boost be higher? Any

ViciousJay

Established Member
it happens... give us a your mod list... youll lose boost with a offroad midpipe for starters, and who cares bout boost... what kinda power are you making... hell id love to do 500 RWHP on 8 psi but that aint happenin...

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Gladiator said:
it happens... give us a your mod list... youll lose boost with a offroad midpipe for starters, and who cares bout boost... what kinda power are you making... hell id love to do 500 RWHP on 8 psi but that aint happenin...

Ditto .. there are many variables .. when I had my 2.93 (non port) .. I was lucky to see 11lbs of boost . .. I saw 12 when I added the accufab TB ... I always made pretty good numbers ... (460/460 back then) ..

What is a list of all of your mods ..

Crowley

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
First off thanks for the replies...my mods are few...Steggy port IV, 2.93, Magnaflow catback and a Densecharger CAI...oh and a RWTD tune for the Diablo...

The car has always run strong...with just the CAI and catback on stock tires it ran a 12.4 @115

With the mods listed still on stock tires, it ran a 12.1 at 121. I just wanted to make sure the boost was about right and wasn't leaving anything on the table. I'm going to try some DRs tomorrow (just installed the Billet Flow IRS brace) and was giving everything a once over. So does 12 lbs sound right for my mods?

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Blown408 86GT said:
First off thanks for the replies...my mods are few...Steggy port IV, 2.93, Magnaflow catback and a Densecharger CAI...oh and a RWTD tune for the Diablo...

The car has always run strong...with just the CAI and catback on stock tires it ran a 12.4 @115

With the mods listed still on stock tires, it ran a 12.1 at 121. I just wanted to make sure the boost was about right and wasn't leaving anything on the table. I'm going to try some DRs tomorrow (just installed the Billet Flow IRS brace) and was giving everything a once over. So does 12 lbs sound right for my mods?

To me for your mods and a 2.93 .. 12 lbs sound right. There are those that get 13 or so w/ the 2.93 .. but I don't think this is an area that can be static .. too many variables .. the most important thing is how it runs .. which by what you have posted ... is very strong :)

Crowley

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I made 13#'s on my 2.93 upper with no port. I would think 12#'s is about perfect for a 2.93 and stage IV.

PLATIADO

Established Member
Blown408 86GT said:

How much power are you making with those mods.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I made 13.5 lbs. max boost with my 2.90 upper 457rwh). Just over 15 lbs. with a 2.80 upper. Actually max. boost with a 2.93 upper is 14.2 lbs. Your actual boost, though, will vary depending on your mods. And your midpipe will definitely make a difference. One thing to remember is that more power with less boost is good. Motor A making 450rwhp with 12.5 lbs. of max boost is more efficient that Motor B making the same power with 14 lbs. of max boost. So I wouldn't pay too much attention to boost numbers. Stick more with dyno numbers and track numbers. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread