2.93 or 2.76 with 4lb lower on a ported eaton?

SVT-NAV

Established Member
The difference is more torque, about the same hp and less efficiency. If you are going to the track, the torque will help your times. On the street, you will lose traction and heat soak quicker.

When you say " less efficiency" Do you mean because of heat soak or belt slip?

cobracide

Established Member
When you say " less efficiency" Do you mean because of heat soak or belt slip?

More heat is a by-product of spinning a supercharger past its optimal efficiency. This is why the blower will make more torque but the horsepower will not increase nearly as much if at all. Belt slip has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Yes 9.82....much lighter though

A 2.93 / 4# is pretty much the limit of the eaton in my experience. Once you go past that you for sure want some good cooling mods or for best results and ice box. At these rotor speeds the eaton is starting to just make more heat than power.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Yes 9.82....much lighter though

A 2.93 / 4# is pretty much the limit of the eaton in my experience. Once you go past that you for sure want some good cooling mods or for best results and ice box. At these rotor speeds the eaton is starting to just make more heat than power.

Cooling is the key!! :rockon: ... So far, I've had good luck with the 2.76" / 4# set-up

2012-07-29172555.jpg

2012-10-06121402.jpg

Last edited:

SVT-NAV

Established Member
I do have an Ice box, Afco dual pass h/e, and a head cooling mod. Is that enough to keep the heaton some what cool? Maybe do a venom cooler by steig ..lol?

ajt9229

Established Member
can you run the 2.93 and 4# lower on a stock eaton and not have any cooling issues? What kind of hp and torque could I expect. only other mods are slp cat back, K&N & 4:10 just bought the carand those mods were already done. Sorry if I jacked your thread.....

cobracide

Established Member
can you run the 2.93 and 4# lower on a stock eaton and not have any cooling issues? What kind of hp and torque could I expect. only other mods are slp cat back, K&N & 4:10 just bought the carand those mods were already done. Sorry if I jacked your thread.....

Yes. I wouldn't, but you CAN. If you know anything about these cars, then you know they hate heat. Don't even think about running two or more times in a row without a serious cool down in that case.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/274479-2-76-4-too-much-unported-eaton.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/279743-unported-2-93-4-numbers.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...93-upper-4-lb-lower-stock-unported-eaton.html

Last edited:

ajt9229

Established Member
Thanks. So unported go with 2.93/4# What kind of boost and HP should I expect? Thanks again

ajt9229

Established Member
lol..... Sorry new to the site didnt realise they werelinks until after I posted..... Thank you very much........

Users who are viewing this thread