2.9 with ported heads and cams build.

GotJuice96

moneyMaker
Established Member

You know when it was first delivered to my house and I opened the box and saw that it was all in pieces I was like WTF did I just buy? But after really looking at it I realized that it really is a quality piece. Perfect bends no kinks and a true 3 inch design.

Ya it is too much pieces from what I've seen but I'm getting my together ha :). Cant wait to hear your car bro:pop: I'm subscribing :read:

imagejpeg_3_8.jpg

imagejpeg_3_5.jpg

imagejpeg_2_14.jpg

My buddy's dr gas x pipe

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
Ya it is too much pieces from what I've seen but I'm getting my together ha :). Cant wait to hear your car bro:pop: I'm subscribing :read:

imagejpeg_3_8.jpg

imagejpeg_3_5.jpg

imagejpeg_2_14.jpg

My buddy's dr gas x pipe

Nice!!! I see it comes in 5 pieces for the stock manifolds. I will post a vid of how my car sounds once its up and running. I have another set of 3 inch tails that Im gonna turn into a Borla 3 inch catback and see how that sounds. Or instead of Borla I might try the 3 inch flowmasters. My neighbor has flows on his car and it sounds good to me. I dont hear any rasp with his set up.

GotJuice96

moneyMaker
Established Member
Nice!!! I see it comes in 5 pieces for the stock manifolds. I will post a vid of how my car sounds once its up and running. I have another set of 3 inch tails that Im gonna turn into a Borla 3 inch catback and see how that sounds. Or instead of Borla I might try the 3 inch flowmasters. My neighbor has flows on his car and it sounds good to me. I dont hear any rasp with his set up.

The op that's selling them to me has them with flowmasters and has a lot of rasp to his :??:

With the Borlas xr1 sounds nasty sick at high rpms:rockon:

Blown 97 Cobra Borla XR1 Mufflers - YouTube

mach1033

Established Member
The op that's selling them to me has them with flowmasters and has a lot of rasp to his :??:

With the Borlas xr1 sounds nasty sick at high rpms:rockon:

Blown 97 Cobra Borla XR1 Mufflers - YouTube

XR-1's do sound great. I had them back in 07. Maybe the reason my neighbor doesnt have any rasp is because he still has the stock mid pipe with 4 cats. If you do go with the XR-1's go with the round and not the oval they wont fit right. BTW they are very expensive$$$$

mach1033

Established Member
Looking good man ! You gona be running returnless fuel still ?

My car is gonna look like yours but only with black saleens :rockon: Yup I'm sticking with the returnless set up for now cause to be honest I never had an issue with my returnless set up. If by chance this gives me issues then I will have no choice but to go with a full return set up.

Last edited:

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
Very nice man, glad you are making process, your car has been down long enough. On another note, i hope you run into other cobras from your neck of the woods, show them what a real blower can do :beer:

mach1033

Established Member
Very nice man, glad you are making process, your car has been down long enough. On another note, i hope you run into other cobras from your neck of the woods, show them what a real blower can do :beer:

I have a friendly race set with a built 2 valve that has a vortech pullied for 25lbs pounds.

GotJuice96

moneyMaker
Established Member
XR-1's do sound great. I had them back in 07. Maybe the reason my neighbor doesnt have any rasp is because he still has the stock mid pipe with 4 cats. If you do go with the XR-1's go with the round and not the oval they wont fit right. BTW they are very expensive$$$$

Ya he probably does have the cats, or resonators. The ones I got are Oval ones already off summit they were like 269.90 shipped from summit just the mufflers ha

mach1033

Established Member
Ya he probably does have the cats, or resonators. The ones I got are Oval ones already off summit they were like 269.90 shipped from summit just the mufflers ha

Your gonna have a hell of a time trying to align them. If you havent done anything to them yet do yourself a favor and exchange them.

eaglesnick

Established Member
Subing to this thread. Will be curious to see who is up and running first, me or you. Just ordered my 2.9 Whipple and my block was ordered last week :beer:

mach1033

Established Member
This is gonna be a sweet build! Will you be cleaning up the engine bay too? What are you looking to make after all is said and done?

Yes the engine bay will be cleaned up as well. Should be better then last year when it looked liked this.
329627[/ATTACH]"]
Picture009.jpg

329629[/ATTACH]"]
cobra101.jpg

329631[/ATTACH]"]
cobra102.jpg

Attachments

• Picture009.jpg
    Picture009.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 43
  • cobra101.jpg
    cobra101.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 39
  • cobra102.jpg
    cobra102.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 58

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
My car is gonna look like yours but only with black saleens :rockon: Yup I'm sticking with the returnless set up for now cause to be honest I never had an issue with my returnless set up. If by chance this gives me issues then I will have no choice but to go with a full return set up.

Venomsvt had that combo also , looks good ! Side note , I would get a bigger filter for your set up off course keeping the RAI style .. I'm running this Big arse filter from S&B that flows the best ,even more than a 12" powerstack ... Godstang had a good find with this filter and here it on my car
IMAG0017.jpg

mach1033

Established Member
Venomsvt had that combo also , looks good ! Side note , I would get a bigger filter for your set up off course keeping the RAI style .. I'm running this Big arse filter from S&B that flows the best ,even more than a 12" powerstack ... Godstang had a good find with this filter and here it on my car
IMAG0017.jpg

Where did you get that filter?

GotJuice96

moneyMaker
Established Member
Your gonna have a hell of a time trying to align them. If you havent done anything to them yet do yourself a favor and exchange them.

I didn't I had a shop do it for me so there on now:pop: so I didn't have to deal with anything.
They look nice on mine with dumps

Users who are viewing this thread