2.9 Whipple

homel01

Established Member
Anybody have it installed yet? Any pics/results?

Don't know of anybody with this yet but lethal performance had many of them sold before they even arrived so those must be in the installation process. Also evolution performance has a kit that includes injectors,throttle, boost a pump, etc and they claim it can give the car up to 475whp more. This last one is in the back of my mind.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I should be getting my Whipple 2.0 version of the 3.4 model back as they shipped it out today!

Rob Nelson

Established Member
I'm waiting to see some numbers from it too. That will help me decide if I'm going with the Whipple 2.9 or KB.

skyhighsd

Established Member
I'm waiting to see some numbers from it too. That will help me decide if I'm going with the Whipple 2.9 or KB.

If you want to feel what a kb car is like, once it gets alittle nicer out and you dont mind making a trip down to the IL state line. I could help you make your mind up:-D

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
the 2.9 is nearly ready, the new inlet is on my car as I speak *type* and there is an outside chance I will be able to pick up the car this Saturday @ Whipple. If so I will post a ton of pics on Sunday...and numbers with pulley/boost size.

Rob Nelson

Established Member
If you want to feel what a kb car is like, once it gets alittle nicer out and you dont mind making a trip down to the IL state line. I could help you make your mind up:-D

That would be really cool!!! Going to have to meet up sometime this spring. The weather sucks right now. I am still curious to see what the Whipple 2.9 puts out at the same boost levels as the KB. I guess we'll see when SVT BOOST posts his numbers.

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
That would be really cool!!! Going to have to meet up sometime this spring. The weather sucks right now. I am still curious to see what the Whipple 2.9 puts out at the same boost levels as the KB. I guess we'll see when SVT BOOST posts his numbers.

Yeah shot me a pm once its nicer out and we could work out somewhere to meet up:beer:

Daddys GT500

Established Member
quick side note, to any interest in KB....Don't been talking to my tuner of late and several mustang performance. The KB has some major oil leak issues.

skyhighsd

Established Member
quick side note, to any interest in KB....Don't been talking to my tuner of late and several mustang performance. The KB has some major oil leak issues.
:dw: no issues here, more info would be good. It like saying whipples are junk cause "someone" told me that.

Last edited:

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
Oh snap

I don't like the sound of that.

I guess if I need more power I'll just do the lower pulley and injectors.

manOwar

Established Member

Mine's been on for more than 2 years with no issues. If you look hard enough, you can find fault with anything.

que4dog

Established Member

That is incorrect. I heard they had a simular issue with the early 03 cobra kb's. No such issue with the GT500 kb's. That's how rumors get started.

Users who are viewing this thread