2.9 whipple on and tuned!!!!!!

POPO30

Established Member
Ok starting a new thread on my install. My car.....
2003 10th vert 23kmi. Like new. My mods are off road X, pypes violator cat back, stock rear, suspension H&R progressive rate sport springs, C&L intake, 95mm mass air housing, LFP T-Body, Mafia Mass Air Adaptor, Whipple 2.9L, stock 3.5" pulley, all stock lowers, 75 5/8" belt, GT super car pumps and PPRV delete kit, stage 2 fuel pump driver, 63lb injectors, LFP heat exchanger and tank, 1 step colder plugs. I think that's it. Short shifter etc etc.

Car was tuned today by Frank Soldridge at PSI Motorsports in New Tripoli PA. He has tuned all 4 of my boosted mustangs. He's good.

First pull was a half pull just to dial some things in. It was right where he wanted it to be. Second pull was to 6400rpms 624hp and 560ftlbs. Let it cool down and added ice to my expansion tank, jumped the power to the cooler pump.

Second pull and final, 93 octane sunoco pump gas, no timing in it yet, he says fat, made 678hp and 585ftlbs at 6400rpms and pegged 21lbs of boost(stock headers). The voltage to the pumps dropped slighty at 6400rpms( bought KB boost a pump as soon as I got home). The car was still making serious power headed towards 700. So with that said, the blower was barely working. No sweat. I will post a video tomorrow. I will also be mixing race gas with my fuel when I fill up(I don't care about the cost or the hassle cause it's awesome). Here is my email for those of you that have questions about my install as I am rarely on here due to lack of time. [email protected]. Oh and I have a fidanza 4.3 clutch and 26 spline input shaft, forgot to mention that above. Hit me up guys. I wanna hear your thoughts.

OK video of the second dyno pull and the screen shot are up.........The screen shot video doesnt change until 22 seconds to the new HP. The 624hp was from the first run. Disregard the antifreeze comments lol......had to bleed the air out of my cooling system the day before the dyno run and spilled coolant everywhere....thats why we smelled it....sorry.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/29-whippled-cobra-678hp-dyno-pull_2224892.htm

http://www.streetfire.net/video/29-whippled-cobra-678hp-dyno-pull_2224891.htm

Last edited:

POPO30

Established Member
Congrats on the new numbers! So far these 2.9L's are making great great power!

:beer:

Dude the car was an animal on the dyno and on the street! The 2.9 is the perfect blower for a guy like me. Weekend rides and car shows with no belt slip and big reliable power I give this blower :thumbsup:!! The install went the same as a 2.3 would. I am proud to have it.

POPO30

Established Member
My future mods include long tubes, k member, even flow head cooling mod, cage, solid rear or axles etc for my IRS and the list goes on and on.

mach1033

Established Member
yup I do. My fuel system maxed out just like almost everyone else that has installed a 2.9. I have the bap and now I just have to purchase some 80lb injectors.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
All if my parts were ordered from Mike at Lightning Force Performance. Big discount and quick delivery. Also some of the nicest people I've ever talked to. Hit me up guys. I wanna hear your thoughts.

Not trying to start a sh*t storm, but did the guys at LFP offer you a discount to say this?

In for pics/vids and dyno graphs. :read:

POPO30

Established Member
yup I do. My fuel system maxed out just like almost everyone else that has installed a 2.9. I have the bap and now I just have to purchase some 80lb injectors.

Sweet. I plan on upgrading the wiring to my pumps and controller and adding the BAP as soon as it arrives. Tuner says injectors were still efficient and I'm not planning on turning the car up any further so I'm sticking with the 63lb. I know a guy that is looking to trade his 80lb for 60s. I'll try to hit him up tomorrow an see if he still has em for ya.

POPO30

Established Member
not trying to start a sh*t storm, but did the guys at lfp offer you a discount to say this?

In for pics/vids and dyno graphs. :read:

ok, so i just read the hilton boost overlay issue with lfp..........original post edited...........i wasnt a huge poster before and had not read about the issue.....things would have gone differently......nuff said

Last edited:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Damn good power...21 punds on stock pullies is insane...thats almost to much for the street lol! Congrats man, that things a beast!

POPO30

Established Member
Nice #s...definitely be careful running that much boost on pump gas.

Thanks man. I'm not going to be doing any fourth gear pulls on the 93octane. I'm gonna run down the street to a shop near my house that sells vp and add it into the mix. Oh and 710hp???!!! Holy s#*t dude!!!

Users who are viewing this thread