2.8KBLC or vortech or any termie running 135+

Nate_V8

Established Member
I've been scanning through the forums for 2 days and haven't found what I'm looking for yet.

Where are the fast 03/04 cobras? because 650rwhp and 127mph traps isn't impressive to me.

With 650+rwhp why do few have 135+ trap speeds?

Does anyone here run a vortech centri on their 03/04?

Or are there any 2.8LCs running 135+ trap speeds? or even 140s? running full weight?

Not trolling but just wondering if turbo is the way to go. 5600 bucks and netting below 135 isn't worth it to me

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I am not aware of a vortech bolt on setup for the 03/04 cobra. procharger does however, using their F1a or larger headunits. as for the low trap speeds with a KB 2.8LC, most of that is attributed to the IRS and the inability to get a kick ass 60' time for most drivers.

Nate_V8

Established Member
Anyone running an F1a here? track times, boost, hp?

Kind of interested in them, I know they are loud at idle but how about cruising?

I can't find many 2.8LC track times though on here (I found 2???) and they weren't great.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Anyone running an F1a here? track times, boost, hp?

Kind of interested in them, I know they are loud at idle but how about cruising?

I can't find many 2.8LC track times though on here (I found 2???) and they weren't great.

i have an f1a, pullied for 20 psi, but no numbers yet, 95SC on here has one too and made 905 rwhp on 23 psi- and since its a centri, drivibility is nice

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I've been scanning through the forums for 2 days and haven't found what I'm looking for yet.

Where are the fast 03/04 cobras? because 650rwhp and 127mph traps isn't impressive to me.

With 650+rwhp why do few have 135+ trap speeds?

Does anyone here run a vortech centri on their 03/04?

Or are there any 2.8LCs running 135+ trap speeds? or even 140s? running full weight?

Not trolling but just wondering if turbo is the way to go. 5600 bucks and netting below 135 isn't worth it to me

I ran a ported Eaton at 16lbs and a 100 shot.
This got me consistant 10.4-10.5s at 134+ with ths IRS and stock K.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You should easily trap 135-140 with a big blower on the car. It's just that not to many people go out and race with them. There's a couple of stock motored 03/04's with 3.4Whipple's running low 9's in the quarter. One of those doesn't even have a mammoth inlet.

My car went 9's with a ported Eaton + Nitrous.

Nate_V8

Established Member
low 9s with a 3.4 and stock long block? got any links?

I read on another forum that the 3.4 wasn't as good as a 2.8 because the 3.4 was too big for a stock block termie. What are the boost numbers? What are they using to bring down the IATs?

As for the procharger, is there anyone on here running an F1A termie at the track? I still can't find any vids at the track with F1A termie's, just a couple dyno vids with minimal description of the build.

I'm not interested in spray in the least.

Nate_V8

Established Member
and have a solid rear lol. Well that pretty much sums up the 2.8 and 3.4, not many procharger times on there. is the F1C better then the F1A? I need to find more procharger times.

Btw thanks for the link.

Users who are viewing this thread