2.8 upper, 547hp at 12 psi? Sound Right?

dgreer27

Established Member
Hi I just recently bought one of these cars. From what I've read on this forum my car seems to be making alot of hp at only 12psi. My mods are 42 lbs injectors, bigger mass air and CAI, Kenne belle boost pump, SCT tuner, 4.10's and a steeda 2.8 upper and Idler. This car is making 547 hp and 577 tq. Im thinkin about a ordering a set of LT's, a 4lb lower, and steigmer stage IV. I'd like to see about 16psi and 600hp. What do you guys think. I only bought it as a weekend drag toy so I'd like to see what I can get out of it. :beer:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Way too high..... You need an upper and a lower and about 17psi with a ported eaton to break 500rwhp...

You have way more fuel mods than you need if you are still running an eaton, I vote you install a whipple

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
sorry man but you cant possibly be seeing those numbers with those mods

anthony

agreed. Even with a lower those are good numbers. if those are your true numbers, you have a port and a lower....plus with the mods you have, it's set up for it......so, I wouldn't doubt it.

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I've got the dyno sheet 547 and 577. I kinda thought it was high myself. Yes its the stock eaton.

pull the throttle body and plenum off and take a look inside the blower. You have to have a ported blower for those numbers! I wouldn't complain. That's awesome to buy a car like that. You probably have a 4lb lower as well. You MAF and BAP kinda point in that direction. No point in having them unless you need them and you obviously need them :rockon:

dgreer27

Established Member
I guess im gonna hafta buy a scanner to. haha. The person I bought it from told it was makin 17psi but my boost gauge says about 12.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I guess im gonna hafta buy a scanner to. haha. The person I bought it from told it was makin 17psi but my boost gauge says about 12.

17psi sound right for a ported blower. Bad ass, man! :rockon: and be prepared to go through a lot of tires!!! I will hopefully be joining you soon! You just need to find out what size lower you have now

dgreer27

Established Member
Well maybe my boost gauge doesn't work right. I have all the receipts of all the add ons on the car and a lower wasn't one of them. Oh well. Im goin to the drag strip this weekend to see what it runs. I'll learn more about the car as I break stuff. :D

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Well maybe my boost gauge doesn't work right. I have all the receipts of all the add ons on the car and a lower wasn't one of them. Oh well. Im goin to the drag strip this weekend to see what it runs. I'll learn more about the car as I break stuff. :D

best way :beer:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
was doing 17 but now your at 12?....yea..I just don't buy cars that have shady sellers...who tuned the car?

dgreer27

Established Member
Yeah they said 17 but im only seeing 12 on the gauge. Dynospeed in Memphis tuned. Im gonna take it there myself and dyno it again. They did all the work on it to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread