2.8 KB Supercharger???

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
The previous gen GT500 have slowed down with the KB 2.8 vs the 2.3 TVS. Tell your buddy to forego the 2.8, he'll be disappointed.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
The previous gen GT500 have slowed down with the KB 2.8 vs the 2.3 TVS. Tell your buddy to forego the 2.8, he'll be disappointed.

Agreed, the TVS is capable of making more power than the motor can handle so unless he plans on building his motor it's kinda a waste of money.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed, the TVS is capable of making more power than the motor can handle so unless he plans on building his motor it's kinda a waste of money.

This is definitely true, I'm running a 3.6 KB and it's a great supercharger and makes power. But you can save a lot of money and just do a ported TVS and run E85 and make close to 800whp.

NELCO

Established Member
IMO the TVS is hard to handle in a nice manner do to the torque, I installed all rear BMR suspension from Van and his 13-6 kit. After doing so the car would go straight with out step out. The car was fast but touchy with the throttle in my opinion. I wanted a smoother delivery so I ordered a 2.8 LC from Van. I installed it myself and wanted the 3.6 but did not to make a hood change. With the new blower I could not stop spinning the tires. I went with Toyos 315's and now this car hooks up and just flat out moves. The car drives so much nicer now and I love the way it looks under the hood.........

Nelco

carguy19

Established Member
TVS w port is better then a 2.8 anyday. My old car made 757 at the wheels and 777 tq on 93 octane at 16* of timing and 19lbs of boost.

It made over 800 on pump at 20* timing but I wanted it super safe.

Van@RevanRacing

The KB 2.8 is a great supercharger. It makes great power and has a great linear torque curve.

Recent customer switched from a TVS and pulleys on E85 at 19 PSI to a Kenne Bell 3.6 (I realize you asked about the 2.8 but I wanted to provide a real world example) Kenne Bell 3.6 at 19 PSI. He picked up four tenths in the quarter mile. Same Boost Pressure but the longer and more linear torque curve makes the difference. As he said, "it pulls like a freight train on the big end, way more than the TVS ever did"

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The KB 2.8 is a great supercharger. It makes great power and has a great linear torque curve.

Recent customer switched from a TVS and pulleys on E85 at 19 PSI to a Kenne Bell 3.6 (I realize you asked about the 2.8 but I wanted to provide a real world example) Kenne Bell 3.6 at 19 PSI. He picked up four tenths in the quarter mile. Same Boost Pressure but the longer and more linear torque curve makes the difference. As he said, "it pulls like a freight train on the big end, way more than the TVS ever did"

I think thats what I have been missing with 3.6kb. I have only been spinning it to 16psi, I'm hoping that my new 3.5 upper will help get me close to 19psi. I just feel if you're going to upgrade to a KB at least do a 3.2 or bigger.

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
I run a 2.8LC KB (20-21psi) on E85 with the help of Van and Lund... The main difference is exactly what Van had said. The car just pulls long and consistently on the KB... I am extremely happy with my setup and the KB.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I run a 2.8LC KB (20-21psi) on E85 with the help of Van and Lund... The main difference is exactly what Van had said. The car just pulls long and consistently on the KB... I am extremely happy with my setup and the KB.

What kind of power are you making and what other mods?

kw_rc

Established Member
Couldn't love my 2.8LC any more. This thing is a beast. I'm making 740whp on 93 @ 17lbs on a '12. It wants to keep making power but I ALWAYS shift at 6000 rpm. If I had a build motor I could keep it going but I'm not trying to blow my $hit up!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Well I dropped to a 3.50 upper pulley on my 3.6 KB. Now I have lost all traction in 2nd gear lol. just picking up 3 psi made a world of difference.

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
3.73 gears, Offroad HPipe, catback exhaust, ID1300's for E85 with a 2.75" KB Pulley with the full kit... with suspension work.

Users who are viewing this thread