2.76 + 2lb lower?

spartansnake

gamao kotes
Established Member
hey guys mods are in my sig. Im at 4300 ft and with the 2.93 upper only car only made 10lbs on the dyno so 400rwhp mustang dyno. I now have a dp heat exchanger. I want more boost, can i run my 2.93 plus a 4lb lower or switch it to my 2.76 with a 2lb lower with out getting a port. ( i dont want to port my eaton till next spring). How much boost will i be making at my elevation? what should i look for boost wise with out a port?. 14lbs 15 16?
Thanks guys.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I'm right at sea level and made 12.5-13lbs with a 2.75 upper only, 14lbs with a 2.75/2lb, and 15.5lbs with a 2.75/4lb. Now this is with a ported blower, headers, and no cats. I'd say with your elevation a 2.76/2lb would make 14-15lbs with stock manifolds/cats. If you already have the 2.93 just throw a 4lber on there.

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
Steigmeier states their ported superchargers run best at 15-16#s of boost. The common thoughts are with a lower you will gain torque. I can only see that with different combos the supercharger is still spinning the same. I would put the largest upper pulley possible with a tensioner and what ever lower to spin the blower to arrive at your desired number.
With a 2.80 upper no lower I had 15.3#s this past weekend. I cant give you any reason one blower does better than another. With your thinner air, someone should be able to give you better results. I am leaning toward a 2.93 upper and 2# lower when I do a Steg stage 4 early next month. We shall see.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
See my post above, that's about what I make. Do you have headers or cats? You actually want to make the most power with least amount of boost possible anyway, so your low boost is a good thing....

Mystic03

Established Member
how much boost will i get with just a 2.93 i want to have best power for unported car untill i get enough money for ported blower any thoughts?

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
How much boost will i be making at my elevation? what should i look for boost wise with out a port?. 14lbs 15 16?
Thanks guys.
Hope this helps.
we're almost 5,000 ft here which is why we have to spin the crap out of our blowers to make any boost (with a 2.8 I made 11 lbs, and with a 4lb lower and 2.8 I made 14 lbs)

Users who are viewing this thread