2.65 Upper Only?

dsg03bullitt

Established Member
I have a 2.8 upper only on a stock eaton....It makes pretty good power and im just looking for a little more, not much more. I have a heat exchanger, head cooling mods, and other bolt ons to go with it. I was wondering If a 2.65 upper would be wayyy to much for the stock eaton? I dont do any drag racing and if im ever in boost its just from redlight to redlight and thats it. I just cruise around town with my car everynow and again. So would this be fine? Or too much? Also if i got that pulley a real good tune would be going on the car.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Its fine, not to much. Dont expect tons of power increase out of it though, and smaller pulley make easier belt slip. The only 2.65 I would run is a nonslip one.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I was wondering If a 2.65 upper would be wayyy to much for the stock eaton? I dont do any drag racing and if im ever in boost its just from redlight to redlight and thats it.
For your intended use, that pulley should be fine. Just make sure it's no-slip and you have a good upper idler belt wrap setup.

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Your Iat's are gonna cook with no port.

He's going to see a few hundred blower rpms more with the 2.65 than he would with his current 2.80 pulley. That is about equal to a 2.90/2lb combo, not near enough to produce "cooking" IAT's. Please know what you're talking about before you spit out miss info.

Users who are viewing this thread