2.3L Whipple Cobra Video - 9.77@ 141.98mph

03Steve

Established Member
Loaded up the trunk and did the 100 mile round trip to Gateway Motorsports Park last week. After a pass for a check on the fueling with iginition pulled, added 3 degrees back and a little ice in the engine bay ice box. Ran a new best.

This is through a 95mm MAF, stock intake, stock Whipple inlet, and conservative blower RPM. Rest of the mods in sig...

[video=youtube;1GN499Tn8es]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GN499Tn8es[/video]

Rambro

Established Member
Congrats on the PB. What fuel and how much boost with that healthy comp ratio, any plans for improvement with the 2.3 setup? Also, what's the weight?

03Steve

Established Member
Thank you guys.

This is a Gen1 blower. On that pass it was a 3.25/6lb lower, with shifts in the low to mid 6000s. Logged boost checks in at 19psi with this pulley combo. The converter locked around 1100 feet or more on that run. I can use the locked converter to keep blower RPM under control while still putting goodness to the rear tires.

With a little more blower speed, some October/November air, and other fine tuning we will see how it does.

For weight reduction on the car it has a solid axle, Centerline wheels, and a PA Racing k-member with stock foxbody control arms. I would guess the weight is around 3600 with driver, but don't quote me on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread