2.3 Whipple to hellion Single build.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Well I recently purchased a used hellion kit off a member on here. Kit came pretty complete with a few minor things missing so I am pretty happy with it for the price

Here's what I started with...
under-hood-med.jpg

The kit...
74f5823f.jpg

fa4e4232.jpg

d02b6f66.jpg

Dis-assembly
1a120415.jpg

94c83b8c.jpg

2e206926.jpg

Mach 1 intake on (It looks pretty rough right now but it will be powder coated when the build is done. Right now I just want to car running)
8e4fddcf.jpg

377c21b4.jpg

Good bye Stock K-member
f0b277b0.jpg

K member and coil overs in..
19021b53.jpg

turbo mounted.
07ed8d22.jpg

ba5eba13.jpg

Downpipe on...
d50caf88.jpg

249e6cdb.jpg

Quick mock up.
4029e4a0.jpg

68a170af.jpg

Should be finished by next weekend, Just waiting for a few little parts that I need and for a buddy the re-weld the mounting tabs for the intercooler in the original locations (welded to the opposite side for some reason). Then Install my meth kit and Boost controller and patiently wait for my new tune on the 27th!

nanastymach1

Established Member
Looking good ....how long did it take u to complete that swap?I'm in the middle of the same but went from whipple 3.4 to hellion twin kit ....and did u do ur own work ?which meth kit do u plan on using as well as whats ur power goals

itSSlow98

Established Member
Looks good, if you can swing it Id go ahead and convert it to a blow thru maf instead of draw thru. Also what downpipe is that?

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Looks good, if you can swing it Id go ahead and convert it to a blow thru maf instead of draw thru. Also what downpipe is that?

Can you post some picks of your draw thru setup and what you need for parts? Thanks!

itSSlow98

Established Member
Can you post some picks of your draw thru setup and what you need for parts? Thanks!

Im guessing you meant Blow thru, ill try and grab a few but there isnt a lot to see since the maf is after the intercooler and inside the passenger fenderwell. It opens up from the 2.5" intercooler piping to 4" for the aluminum housing and SCT BA3000 then necks back down to 2.5".

The BOV is relocated from between the fender and the throttle body to before the maf directly after the intercooler.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Im guessing you meant Blow thru, ill try and grab a few but there isnt a lot to see since the maf is after the intercooler and inside the passenger fenderwell. It opens up from the 2.5" intercooler piping to 4" for the aluminum housing and SCT BA3000 then necks back down to 2.5".

The BOV is relocated from between the fender and the throttle body to before the maf directly after the intercooler.

Sorry I meant blow thru... thanks.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Looking good ....how long did it take u to complete that swap?I'm in the middle of the same but went from whipple 3.4 to hellion twin kit ....and did u do ur own work ?which meth kit do u plan on using as well as whats ur power goals

Swap took a good part of a day to finish up. Me and a buddy are doing all the work. I am using a Snow stage 2 meth kit and setting it up on maf voltage instead of boost reference. Power goals are 700 on 94 plus meth and I am not sure what it will make if I lean on it and yes I will be leaning on it LOL.. hopefully it will make 750+ on big boost..

zincslowbra

Established Member
man i was hopn you were compoundn a turbo on a whipple.......i havent seen that yet, course i never lookd. that's awesome man hope you dont have any tuning issues and interested to hear if your gonna miss the low end grunt of a TS for street cruisn. have seen ppl complain bout how it doesnt feel as nice to drive normal since its not in boost

itSSlow98

Established Member
Swap took a good part of a day to finish up. Me and a buddy are doing all the work. I am using a Snow stage 2 meth kit and setting it up on maf voltage instead of boost reference. Power goals are 700 on 94 plus meth and I am not sure what it will make if I lean on it and yes I will be leaning on it LOL.. hopefully it will make 750+ on big boost..

I made the numbers in my sig 701/763 on 20lbs and 17* timing with 93+ 100% meth on a progressive controller. Just for comparisons sake.

Users who are viewing this thread