1st outing with KB 2.6 20PSI

03cobramanIII

Banned
60 ft ........1.532> borrowed my buddies front and rear rims of his 04 cobra
330ft........4.390
1/8 mile ....6.694/107.99
1000ft......8.682
1/4 mile....10.36/134.91, MD#S 641/557 tune 104 gas tune.hats off to rick!

i guess im happy, i didnt heat the tires up enough ? ,lauched at 5000 rpms only made 1 pass, power shifting like mad, 1/2 tank , got there soon has track opened car cooled 2 hours, and they had lots of sticky rubber at the line. i need some bogarts or welds now.

how my times look?
time to install my spec 3 plus and 26 sp. input shaft now ,500 miles will come after about a year. but stock clutch seem to be holding.

this isnt the fastest 03 vert is it? i wouldnt think so.

they told me i need at least a 6 pt bar or a 8 pt next time and 5 point harrness, said once i break 10.00s will need 10pt cage. and lots more firesuit gloves, window nets, and 9 second lic. im going to keep it under 10.00

post slip later.tired i might get it up tonight ,if i now how to use my scanner after 2 yrs. wifes out of town on got my dig cam.would be alot easier that way.

03cobramanIII

Banned
there ink low i guess , can barley read it. i think its 134 or 131 ?them rim must have knocked 100 lbs or better off, no jack/or spare .but left the rear seat in, for the sound level. plus vert rear seat dont weigh has much as coupes.i will have to fuguire out my race weigh. i got to get calulator. and guess on the rim differance.> [edit]>added i guessing race was around 3640 lbs with me in it.

ok i findly got the scanner down, it was saying it was to big, had to crop it dowm to bare min, i hope it works ?
i not good to computers, or spelling.
scankb03timeslip.gif

Last edited:

03cobramanIII

Banned
Says 134.91 for the trap.

Good driving!
thanks everyone , a do now how to launch i car on slicks. they had lots of wear so i didnt heat them that good ,and should have left i little higher 5500 rpms it did lift the front end up on take off. i went by myself. drove out with slicks and skinnies on it . i forgot to take the pass head light out i never popped my hood even for tech guy, he didnt ask , told him it ws my first time here.

if i couldnt have borrowed the rim tire combo i wouldnt have went. but every one was getting pissed at me.

Last edited:

03cobramanIII

Banned
That's an AWESOME job!!! Not the fastest vert, but certainly WAY up there.
thank again people where saying a was internet racing that a should be banned. that fkn pissed me off. and how people must dog my typing i dont know? they must have to make A'S or they get there cobra taking away ,and ass kicked.LOL? i had to change some typos i had last night ,i was very tired, and had killer headache.

is 135 slow for that time a ran?

where that link to the fastest cobra verts at? or to they have one ? going back to bed now.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
thank again people where saying a was internet racing that a should be banned. that fkn pissed me off. and how people must dog my typing i dont know? they must have to make A'S or they get there cobra taking away ,and ass kicked.LOL? i had to change some typos i had last night ,i was very tired, and had killer headache.

is 135 slow for that time a ran?

where that link to the fastest cobra verts at? or to they have one ? going back to bed now.
No, a 135 trap speed is excellent and your 2.6 setup is definately making good power.

RoushBoyd on this Forum has a Comp O Vert that has run a 9.943 at 141 with a Kb and nitrous. Grea thing about this one is that it's a 6 speed/IRS/full weight car.

BFoley has hit a 9.22 at 145 with his Procharged vert. His 03' is set up VERY WELL for the track.

03cobramanIII

Banned
thanks everyone, going to run full weight next time, with my stock wheels and borow my bro inlaws 18x9 cobra r rims with 265/18s mt dr's to see if i will still be in the 10s. cause i really dont want drag tires in it .

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
What weight reduction did you do or do you know what the car weighed in at? I can't believe your stock clutch held for that run. What rpm's did you shift at? Nice time to say the least!

Edit: I went back and found where you weighed your car without you in it and it was 3,700lbs without driver. So I assume your race weight was at least 3,850lbs with you in it.

Last edited:

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
What rear end setup do you have? I want to be somewhere around that time when I hit up the track. Maybe I missed it, but did you say you had slicks and skinnies for that run or just radials?

03cobramanIII

Banned
What rear end setup do you have? I want to be somewhere around that time when I hit up the track. Maybe I missed it, but did you say you had slicks and skinnies for that run or just radials?

soild axle 3.73 mega bite lower , hpm adj. uppers ,spec spec bushingd on rear end
i got eibach rear drag spr.offf my fox body has right side air bag with 15 psi pressure in it all bushings on rear are solid ex. for lower arms
removed front sway bar for more transfer.
i got lake wood 50/50 in rear yes there where slicks not dr's yes had borrowed skinnies for up front too. i run the guys spacers and extended studs.

Last edited:

03cobramanIII

Banned
What weight reduction did you do or do you know what the car weighed in at? I can't believe your stock clutch held for that run. What rpm's did you shift at? Nice time to say the least!

Edit: I went back and found where you weighed your car without you in it and it was 3,700lbs without driver. So I assume your race weight was at least 3,850lbs with you in it.
it weighed 3660 with 1/4 tank or 3700 with 1/2 tank i weigh appx 165 now. it with stock wheels spare etc.

i took off the ft sway bar - 15 lbs
not sure what spare and jack weighs
or the differance in weight of the other drag wheels should have weighted it all. i gace the i but the guys rims back on his car and he got it this morning.
if someone can fill me in on that i will now twhat car weighs the way i ran it .

stock clutch had to have not have been slipping with that mph.? you think?

Users who are viewing this thread