1st mod - MGW Shifter

USMCTerminator

Established Member
i bought my Terminator in August and i'm about to purchase a MGW shifter as my first mod since they seem highly recommended around here. Any recommendations or advice? Also today was the first day I've been able to drive the car since Jan 10 due to a broken foot.

USMCTerminator

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to follow what a lot of guys on here have done before I start with any power upgrades. I am going to install a JLT cold air then I am going to do the subframe connectors and irs brace. After that i will decide where I want to go with the car and base my mods on that.

Yes i live in panama city beach. I've been here for 3yrs.

945LSTANG

Established Member
I agree.
The sub frame connectors are VERY important to the long life of your car.

ppssshh....who fed you that tid bit of info?

OP: no real advice to give on installing a shifter. super straight forward.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, actually there is a bit of advice on the install. Important, do not set the shifter stops on the MGW. Remove them if you want. The T56 has internal stops

jdgt03

Established Member
Well, actually there is a bit of advice on the install. Important, do not set the shifter stops on the MGW. Remove them if you want. The T56 has internal stops

Im installing mine this week sometime with your gaskets, so should i just remove the stops?? Wont hurt anything??

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I've had mine for over 6 years.. VERY slowly doing mods.. all I've done so far MGW Shifter, Cobra Bob's shifter gasket (highly recommended with any shifter) 2.8" pulley, RWTD tune, Magnaflow catback, LFP single pass heat exchanger and BBK CAI..

headed out on deployment soon, and when I get back, plan on doing either Kenne Bell or Whipple..

USMCTerminator

Established Member
I've had mine for over 6 years.. VERY slowly doing mods.. all I've done so far MGW Shifter, Cobra Bob's shifter gasket (highly recommended with any shifter) 2.8" pulley, RWTD tune, Magnaflow catback, LFP single pass heat exchanger and BBK CAI..

headed out on deployment soon, and when I get back, plan on doing either Kenne Bell or Whipple..

Good luck on your deployment.

stangaholic280

Established Member
USMC,

MGW shifters work great, have one in my Cobra. Make sure you get a shifter gasket. They are only $10 and prevent you from having to use messy silicone sealant.

Also if you have the spare cash, my personal recommendation is to upgrade the clutch quadrant and cable and throw on a firewall adjuster. You can pick a set up for like $175. I know steeda makes some nice ones and I seem to see a lot of Fiore, if I'm spelling that right. With this combo it'll make shifting a breeze! good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread