19's on my 03 cobra

4OCIUS4V

BOOST Junkie!!!!
Established Member
You guys are right, 19's look so dumb on a cobra, lol.......Stand corrected!!

2-1024.jpg

Jeremy

Last edited:

4OCIUS4V

BOOST Junkie!!!!
Established Member
I plan on doing a 18/19 combo like the screamer above me. I'd rather have it nice looking for driving around town and have a set of bogarts for the track rather then having a set of drag radials to drive on everywhere.

Jeremy

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
19's are meant to go on trucks and SUV's. Not 400hp performance cars.

like porsches, m3, corvettes and others..:rollseyes

ive had both. while i like the way the 18s hook and handles they just dont look as good as 19z.

i think your cars look good, especially 19z on a vert ;-) just needs lowering.

its funny how so many people on this forum will scream that 18 is as big as a cobra should go but when it comes to an 05 mustang or shelby the very same people will say the car needs at least 20z. :rollseyes

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
I think 19's are the limit and I probably wouldn't go higher, except on trucks and of course some of my supercars like my Veyron.

For a Cobra 19's look perfectly alright IMHO!!! That yellow Cobra looks AMAZING!

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
svt4stv said:
like porsches, m3, corvettes and others..:rollseyes

:rollseyes

I said it IN MY OPINION. That doesnt mean its fact.

I would rather have 18's on a vette or porsche.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
:rollseyes

I said it IN MY OPINION. That doesnt mean its fact.

oh, alright. no prob :thumbsup:

most of the manufacturers would prefer to use smaller diameter wheels but the humongous brakes they throw on these days wont allow it.

if tons of bmws and porsches and others can throw 19z on with people :bowdown: to them, then whats wrong with a cobra having them? just like most of the bmw/porsche owners, many cobra owners dont drag there cars. and if they do take them to the track, they might have an extra set of wheels for such an event, like i do :idea: on the street, even on 19z, and in LA where there is everything on the street, my car will still vaporize almost any other car i line up with! :burn: and look hella good while doing it too! :coolman:

now if youre all about going from 11.9 to 11.4 then yeah, running smaller wheels helps. go for it! and while youre at it, you may wanna rip out the back seat, passenger seat, carpet, door panels, swap to lexan windows etc...

i put 19z on my svt contour and many of the contour guys were moaning for the same reasons. "17s are the biggest you should go!" funny thing is, even with my 19z my car would still kick the crap outta most of their cars on their "faster" 17s. :D

when i was cobra shopping i found a yellow terminator on 22s! wish i had a pic. that would have gotten you guys all stirred up! :banana:

venomous99

Established Member
19s look good on the newer mustangs but at a price. tires are more expensive and the ride will be harsher despite what ppl say. ive had 18s and 19s and notice the ride to be more stiff and more road noise.

here are some 19s i ran on my old 03. these were also racing harts in 19x10.5 and 9s.
4a5ha.jpg

fordracing19

Established Member
AcrophobicChevy said:
nice...your own look not FR500's like everyone else in the world...its good to bew different...
I actually have fr500 that I keep on the car. Just borrowed these for a week or so.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
:idea:

If the car gets a lift kit from putting wheels/tires on it, then they are to big.
ummm i think you should take a look at some of the cars pictured in this thread with 19's...then take a look at yours (if you have one)....Big difference right! The 19's actully look right, anything smaller looks like donuts in the wheel well. Fill it up so it looks good.

FastFord19

Established Member
lol at some of the responses. I agree that they do look much better on my stang.

2614425210096832603ZBjDcz_fs.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread