19s and lowering gap question

kcshelby

Established Member
So I see a few people going with 19s all around but I just spent time and effort lowering the car. I am afraid if I go 19 in the rear I will increase the wheel gap by an inch.
Is there anyway to illuminate this? Is there a tire wall size that will help?

Thanks
Dan

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Gap is made by total tire height. If you go 19s with same total tire diameter (more sidewall), the gap will not change.
-J

Slowponycar

Established Member
Mine is lowered with Ford SVT springs, with 295/35/19 Michelin Pilot SS on Forgelines.
photo_zps8aeca008.jpg
[/IMG]

Main issue I found for street tires, was that there are limited sizes in 19's vs 20's. Hope this is helpful

kcshelby

Established Member
Thanks for the responses. So if I go with a ?/35/19 then it should make up the difference correct? is that what you guys are finding?

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Thanks for the responses. So if I go with a ?/35/19 then it should make up the difference correct? is that what you guys are finding?

Find out your overall diameter with the 20's, i.e. 27.6" and match that same O/D with the 19's.

I'll be reseraching more as my girl is coming in soon. But more than likely will stay with 20's

G/L

IA Shelby

Established Member
There are only two options in 305/35/19 and both are drag radials. Similar height to stock set up. MT ET streets II and Nitto NT05R soon to be released.

Users who are viewing this thread