1999 Twin Turbo??

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
I have a 1999 SVT Cobra and am looking into a twin turbo kit. Will I need to get a new block to replace the stock aluminum block? I plan on getting all forget internals, new high flow heads with high lift cams, and upgrading the drivetrain. Anny suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!!

bullitt3350

Established Member
my stock 01 cobra motor made 560rwhp on the stock motor with 7.5 psi with hp 57's, now i have a built motor and we will see what it does

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I have a 1999 SVT Cobra and am looking into a twin turbo kit. Will I need to get a new block to replace the stock aluminum block? I plan on getting all forget internals, new high flow heads with high lift cams, and upgrading the drivetrain. Anny suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!!
If you're refering to the actual "block" itself, you've got nearly the best one already. The internals will need to be upgraded to something forged atleast. Personally I wouldn't waste a dime on upgrading heads or valvetrain other than getting them refreshed. They flow a lot already and you'll have a lot of adjustment with the twin setup.

venomnous99

Twin Turbo'ed
Established Member
I am running twin 57's, and although I agree that the need for forged upgrade, I have been running near 500 WHP at 7 psi on stock everything except fuel for a while now... So if you are worried, it will last at 500, mine has and is a daily driver. Everyday, and I drive it like I stole it. The only issues I have had were seals (turbo) and fuel pump issues, nothing with the motor itself. Good luck. +1 for both above also...

TRBO VNM

I agree, no need to do much to the heads, but when you are doing the motor you should have the valve springs replaced with something stronger and then just have the heads gone through for seals and guides.

Users who are viewing this thread