1999 cobra performance chip

MLS

Established Member
Do not buy! Many chips on ebay just bypass the iat sensor.( which can =blown motor) Buy a custom tune, or even one of the BAMA tunes from american muscle.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Only parts I've purchased on eBay have been a handful of hard to find OEM parts from private sellers, not garbage from these fly by night eBay dealers. Stay away from crap like that and hit up American Muscle, Late Model Resto, Lethal Performance, etc.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Spammed by a fycking troll is my guess.

I'll go ask a question on a mustang forum about this peice of shit Im trying to swindle people into buying.

01yellercobra

Established Member
This is the first time that I posted about the chip and the reason was that I don't have that much knowledge about performance since I'm only 16 years old

I found the thread I was thinking of. They asked about the ebay chips as well. That's why I was thinking you were a troll.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...961-cheap-ebay-tuner-chips-they-any-good.html

Since you're 16 and don't know much I'm guessing you don't have much if anything done to the car. If that's the case I wouldn't bother with a tune. I'd look into the usual mods like a CAI and exhaust first.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The ONLY type of chip worth anything are ones like the SCT and Diablo Revolution flip chips that plug into the ECU's J-Port. These type of chips are burned using those companies software to make custom tunes. Anything else is GARBAGE!

Butterybunz

Established Member

GLwhiteGT

FOMOCO MOFO!
Established Member
if youre just going to do bolt ons for a while without cams or FI, i'd get a tuner with BAMA. no point in buying a tuner from anywhere else in my opinion if youre going with basic mods.

I got the SCT LW and it is pretty dope. i had a predator before and even still the LW with BAMA has not been a regreted(SP?) purchase since.

Users who are viewing this thread