1999-2001 Functional Cobra Hood

jshertx

Established Member
Pics!!!!!

I'm not done, but it will have to wait for the weekend. I plan to trim the hood liner back some, and paint the cut edge so that it matches. The hood liner is thick as hell. The opening is right over the coolant overflow, so I need to trim back for better air flow. I will post some more pics when done.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU ATTACH PHOTOS?????

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Host them from your computer through www dot photobucket dot com or another photo hosting website. Then you can link them to your posts.

GreySVTSnake01

Established Member
I'm not done, but it will have to wait for the weekend. I plan to trim the hood liner back some, and paint the cut edge so that it matches. The hood liner is thick as hell. The opening is right over the coolant overflow, so I need to trim back for better air flow. I will post some more pics when done.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU ATTACH PHOTOS?????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Use ImageshackDOTcom you don't have to register.

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
my car is getting repainted due to the fact that the old man who had it before me let it sit outside in his apartment parking lot and the red on top faded so i am having the hole car repainted..I wanna see pics im more then ready to drive were my car is and show him how to do it...PICS Please !!!!

K2AHollywood

Established Member
my car is getting repainted due to the fact that the old man who had it before me let it sit outside in his apartment parking lot and the red on top faded so i am having the hole car repainted..I wanna see pics im more then ready to drive were my car is and show him how to do it...PICS Please !!!!

Just curious, how much is that running you?

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
my dad is manager at the local ford dealer and im painting it factory color so i do not have to do in the door jams its gonna run me $2,000...we tried buffing and it backed the clear coat so were re painting the exterior factory E9 which is lazer red and its a triple coat so itl look slick but i wanna make my hood like this!!!!

jshertx

Established Member
Okay maybe this will work. Remember I'm still in the "working" stage of this project....I just want to say before anyone says...dude that looks like :xpl:

hoodscoop1.jpg

hoodscoop2.jpg

hoodscoop3.jpg

jshertx

Established Member
I couldn't find any posts where this was done before. The only thing I could find was some old bearded tool holding a flashlight over and under the hood while saying, "see no light's a gettin through...it's not functional".

jshertx

Established Member
ordcbra1,
I got my 99 off a guy in El Paso, Texas who left it baking in the sun. The hood and spoiler both had to be repainted. It basically started hazing, and there was nothing I could do to make it better.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
I always wondered how terminator guys kept their engine compartments clean... Doesn't rain water just run right onto the valve covers with those heat extractors?

i have a functional 00 R hood and my motor stays clean. Rain water dosnt make it dirty I think it actually might help keep it clean b/c mine has always stayed cleaner than i thought.

GreySVTSnake01

Established Member
I couldn't find any posts where this was done before. The only thing I could find was some old bearded tool holding a flashlight over and under the hood while saying, "see no light's a gettin through...it's not functional".

Lmfao. Thanks dude! This might be a dumb question but you did this with the hood removed right?

kip.gif

Last edited:

jshertx

Established Member
No, I did it with the hood on. When you cut it out, you just follow the raised cavity under the screen. It cuts fast and easy with the dremel tool, maybe to easy. I had to hold the dremel tool very steady or it would have cut me a shaker scoop hole. It's gonna look much better after I trim it out and paint the cut black so you don't see the white fiberglass.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Just leave the liner off. You will not have any issues with the paint discoloring from heat or anything.

GreySVTSnake01

Established Member

Bump. Did you get a chance to finish this up. Also could you take some pics standing. a little further back. I'm definatley going to try this this week.

Just leave the liner off. You will not have any issues with the paint discoloring from heat or anything.

I have heard this so many times but I just cant seem to bring myself to remove mine.

jshertx

Established Member
I have finished the hood. I removed the hood liner, and trimmed out the scoop opening with some black self adhesive door trim. I picked this up at autozone, and it's desiged to edge your door and prevent bumps/scrapes. It fits perfectly over the cut edges. I will get some more pics very soon. My baby had to visit the doctor due to an ignition/starter issue, so as soon as I get her back I will get the pics.

Users who are viewing this thread