1998 Saleen Cobra RARE **REDUCED PRICE**

Digdoug

Established Member
OK, I really need this to go so I updated the ad and I'm pricing it to sell.

It's one of only 14 cobra coupes Saleen converted in 1998, and one of 40 total between 1996 and 2001. I have a copy of the Saleen window sticker, the ford window sticker. Car is beautiful, excellent paint..no dings or dents. No tears or holes or excessive wear in the interior. Car has 84K miles on it, actually slightly less due to gear change..I have a speed cal for it that will go with the car, just haven't had a chance to install it. Wheels were refinished, no curb damage. Has good tires. Car has a clean carfax, clean title. Car was totally stock until last winter when a brand new set of FRPP 4.10 gears was installed and a MGW shifter was put in it and a MAC offroad H pipe and MILs were installed. I had all the bushings replaced with brand new poly bushings. The steering rack is new, the old one was starting to seep a little. All of these items have less than 10K on them. I have the factory H pipe and original hurst shifter that will go with the car. Outside I would rate at a 9, interior an 8 to 8.5. The floor mats are original and worn. Has saleen installed roll bar, heat extractor hood, had 3.55 gears from Saleen. All mods have less than 10K miles.

You can see pics HERE.
NADA average retail is $19.5K
I would rate this car above average.

****NOW $16,900 OBO****

Would consider a trade and cash for a daily driver.

Saleen001.jpg

Nazz

Established Member
If you were not so far away I would definatly make an offer. Seems everytime I see something I want to buy it's halfway across the country...

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Why didn't a 98 Saleen Cobra come with the Cobra hood? That always annoys the shit out of me when I see them for sale.

Anyways SWEET RIDE! :) G/L on the sale.

3rdgeneration

Established Member
Doug,

I can't believe somebody has not snatched this beautiful car from your connoisseur of Mustang hands. For those who do not know Doug, rest assured that he is a Mustang loving fool and his cars, especially this one, are tip-top. Doug, I was perusing your album pictures for the car and noticed that your engine plaque contains the names of the guys who built my 98 Cobra engine as well.

Good luck with the sale!

Digdoug

Established Member
TripleBlack95 said:
Why didn't a 98 Saleen Cobra come with the Cobra hood? That always annoys the shit out of me when I see them for sale.

Anyways SWEET RIDE! :) G/L on the sale.

Some may have. The Saleen "cobra hood" as they call it on the window sticker was an option I think. Maybe it was a manditory option, I'm not sure. I like it better than the production cobra hood, but that's just me. Also there was 2 different ones, both look the same but one is fiber carbon....which is cool except they are really thin and flex and distort really bad. Others, like mine, are fiberglass and are much more sturdy.

Digdoug

Established Member
Nazz said:
If you were not so far away I would definatly make an offer. Seems everytime I see something I want to buy it's halfway across the country...

Half way across the country???? You're in Georgia, that's not all that far from Oklahoma...at least not like California or New York or something. :) You could fly in and drive it home, or I would consider meeting depending on your offer. I think southwest flys from there, so you could fly in for $99, and the car gets over 20mpg. I sold my Mach 1 over the summer and the guy flew in from Iowa and drove it home.

Digdoug

Established Member
3rdgeneration said:
Doug,

I can't believe somebody has not snatched this beautiful car from your connoisseur of Mustang hands. For those who do not know Doug, rest assured that he is a Mustang loving fool and his cars, especially this one, are tip-top. Doug, I was perusing your album pictures for the car and noticed that your engine plaque contains the names of the guys who built my 98 Cobra engine as well.

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks Travis,

I'm a little suprised I haven't even had any offers....especially since I'll consider trades.

That's cool that the same guys are on your engine plaque, I don't know how many teams they had building the engines that year, but I would think there would have to be quite a few. Kind of cool we both got the same crew.

Digdoug

Established Member
ClOckwOrk said:
if i could get approved for a loan of that amount, i'd be on my way to get it! beautiful!

Let's get your flight booked...if your credit is good you should have no problem borrowing that amount. My bank said they would loan $18K on it.

mrose75

Established Member
One day I want to built one to look like that. It's a good looking car. Good luck on the sale!!!!

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
VERY NICE SALEEN COBRA! I've been on the hunt for one. If you were ALOT closer, I would come by and make you an offer and take that bad boy off your hands. Good luck with your sale.

Users who are viewing this thread