1998 Saleen Cobra Coupe 1 of 14 FS or FT

Digdoug

Established Member
This one kills me to sell. I know I'll never have the chance to own a car like this again. It's one of 14 cobra coupes Saleen converted in 1998, and one of 40 total between 1996 and 2001. I have a copy of the Saleen window sticker, the ford window sticker. Car is beautiful. Went in the shop in December and everyting worn was replaced. Car was taken totally apart and refinished. True 3 stage paint job. Car has 77K miles on it. Wheels were refinished, new tires. Over 12K was spent on this car since December....no dissappointments on this one. Clean carfax, clean title. Car was totally stock until over the winter. A brand new set of FRPP 4.10 gears was installed, shifter was replaced. MAC offroad H pipe was installed. I have the factory H pipe and hurst shifter that will go with the car. No tears or holes in the interior. Outside I would rate at a 9, interior an 8 to 8.5. The floor mats are original and worn. Has saleen installed roll bar, heat extractor hood, had 3.55 gears from Saleen. You can see pics at http://photos.yahoo.com/rugless_okla. Some of the pics are from last fall, others from after I got it from the shop in May. All mods have less than 1K miles. I will have to replace it with a driver of some sort, so I will entertain trade offers. Needs to be partial trades only as I'm selling to cut expenses. Looking for something around $18,900 OBO for the car. Have THOUSANDS more invested in it, but I want to try to be reasonable. If I have to keep it I won't cry.....but I know it really needs to sell.

Saleen001.jpg

Last edited:

CobraSaleen

Wow, I had to go check the garage and make sure mine was still there!

Man...best of luck to you. Hate that you have to sell it, shoot me an email if you get a chance once it is sold and let me know what you sold it for. Just in case I even decide to sell mine!

Picture of MINE....
Great looking car!

pinski

Established Member
Gorgeous car - I've always been a huge fan of the Saleen Cobras. So much in fact that I tried to buy a salvaged one to rebuild...unfortunately the seller must've finally realized what they had in their hands and changed the terms :(

Digdoug

Established Member
Thanks guys. I hate to let this one go. It's a once in a lifetime deal. I won't be sad if it doesn't sell, that's for sure. I'm just motivated to pay off some stuff right now. Better hurry before I come to my senses!!! :D

I am a little negotiable on the price, but I won't give the car away.

Digdoug

Established Member
Yep, it's listed over there too. Had it sold twice. I backed out of one, and didn't move fast enough on the other. So...hopefully someone will see it and have to have it. :D

Digdoug

Established Member
Guys....price isn't firm on this car, and I'm motivated on the Mach also if somone wants a 5 speed Mach with 34K miles. sell or trade.

xspeed02

Established Member
I remember seeing a car that looked exactly like this in a magazine years ago. It was pretty much my dream car. Bump for you.

94TrckdPny

Established Member
Digdoug said:
Guys....price isn't firm on this car, and I'm motivated on the Mach also if somone wants a 5 speed Mach with 34K miles. sell or trade.

Ive seen both cars in person..and there both very well taken care of. If I had the money Id buy either of them. Super clean!

Digdoug

Established Member
Thanks guys...wish I could keep them both, but for right now I need to move one of them.

'03 Mach 1 w/34K miles......................$16,900

'98 Saleen Cobra -details above...........$19,900

Both are OBO and open to trades on either.

Users who are viewing this thread