1998 cobra c head swap

98-svt-stang

Established Member
I put a mcleod street pro clutch in it when i had it apart. So i have been trying to take it easy on it but i couldn't help but get on it a few times. So far the motor feels quite a bit stronger than the old b head setup. This week i will be installing 4.30 gears. I cant wait to see how it feels after that.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
What spark plugs inserts did you use? The dyno sheet tells the story, torque jumps up there quick in the rpm's. Should be fun on the street.

98-svt-stang

Established Member
Im not completely sure. L&m installed them. They look like some type of aluminum thread insert. He said they put them in ford lightnings all the time. And i just have always been scared of stripping the stock threads out.

SPT98SNAKE

Established Member
I realize this is an old post, but do you have any updates on overall happiness with the head swap? The engine in my '98 COBRA is due for a refresh, and I'm seriously considering changing heads in a very similar build. Was there a reason why you used the MACH 1 intake instead of a 1999 or 2001 COBRA? Thanks.

96GT226410

Established Member
I realize this is an old post, but do you have any updates on overall happiness with the head swap? The engine in my '98 COBRA is due for a refresh, and I'm seriously considering changing heads in a very similar build. Was there a reason why you used the MACH 1 intake instead of a 1999 or 2001 COBRA? Thanks.
People are happy with the C head swap. The heads are cheap and if you keep the stock intake cams it's a nice power increase. Todd Warren recommends that you advance the cams 8 degrees.

Sent from my SM-N986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread