1995 Ford Contour / Mercury Mystique | Retro Review

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I well remember those sedans. Never a fan, but the Contour was pretty popular back in the day.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I had a 1999 Contour. Bought it in 2009. Loved that car. Not in the sense of design, but that car worked very well for me. Never left me stranded and I drove it from El Paso to Albuquerque NM every weekend for 5 months. Was working there while my family was in El Paso.

My wife used it to go see family in Juarez MX. No one ever wanted steal that car lmao!

It eventually died (i.e. everything was going wrong) in 2016. I sold it to the local junk yard for $120 lol. That's when I purchased my current DD, 2015 Dodge Challenger.

Even my kids learned how to drive in that car and ask me about it to this day.

That car definitely served its purpose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
A family member had a SVT Contour, pretty cool back then. They had 2 SHO's before that, swapped to the contour, as if I recall, the SHO went auto only, and obviously the Contour was 3 pedal. Good QC on that car (not), I picked it up, drove an hour, went to turn on the headlights, nothing (brand new car). Who ever connected them, folded a pin(s) over. Thank goodness it had fog lights, as I had to get home, after dark.

Ive been paying attention to ones that come up. Timing might work in the future to add one to the collection. Was fun to see Ford dust off the last SVT contour made, showing it at Mustang Memories in Dearborn this past summer.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I remember the wiring harness recall on those bastards. The insulation would just fall apart on those cars and cause all sorts of problems.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Visually I never thought they were bad looking cars. Definitely thought the SVT Contour was much better looking than the Focus, but just lacked any real redeeming qualities to me.

Users who are viewing this thread