SOLD: 1995 Cobra R #174

sunnyd09

Established Member
For sale is my 1995 Cobra R (#174) for sale that I purchased back in February 2022 from another forum member. Suffice it to say that this car has been a race car its entire life. For the pedigree and full description of what’s been done to the car, please see the following link to previous FS post that has all the details:

SOLD: - 1995 Cobra R - For Sale

Since I’ve gotten it, I’ve done one track day in this car at Willow Springs, and it’s been up on a lift in storage since.

In the referenced post, everything listed out is still completely accurate with the exception of the following:

Brand new tires (Falken RT660s) that went on after the track day - basically no miles on them
Brake flush with ATE fluid
Repaired diff leak that came with the car

The car has replica side skirts (not sure what brand), and I happened to take the passenger side skirt off when I went off on the curb at the track. My intention was to go with SVO reps with the side exhaust cutouts anyway and since I didn’t notice it until I got back to the pit, I decided not to go back out and retrieve it.

Mileage currently sits at 6,833, but this is because the speedometer/odometer are not working. This is something I was unaware of until I took delivery of the car, so the best that I can say is that the total mileage is unknown.

Now on to the reason why I bought the car and why I’m selling – I bought the car with the intention of making it a project car and really getting it honed in for the track, but with some big changes in my life (just had my first kid), I neither have the time nor the funds to put towards it anymore. I’d rather see it go to someone who understands and appreciates the history of it and can give it the TLC that it deserves.

My asking price is $20K, but I am open to offers. The car is titled and registered in CA.

Thanks for looking!

Photo1.jpg

Photo2.jpg
Photo3.jpg
Photo4.jpg
Photo5.jpg

68gtscode

Established Member
I don’t follow the R market closely, but have been a Mustang enthusiast / owner for the past 30 years… I can’t imagine any scenario where this isn’t a fabulous deal for the right person! If it weren’t the worst possible time to consider buying a 4th Mustang, I would be working a deal with you already! Best of luck with the sale, I assume this will go quickly…

poisoned apple

Established Member
I don’t follow the R market closely, but have been a Mustang enthusiast / owner for the past 30 years… I can’t imagine any scenario where this isn’t a fabulous deal for the right person! If it weren’t the worst possible time to consider buying a 4th Mustang, I would be working a deal with you already! Best of luck with the sale, I assume this will go quickly…

Like you if I bought this it would be my fourth and the timing isn’t right. But one day maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Do you have any pics of the interior of the trunk with all liners removed to see the extent of the rear body repair from the inside (L-side, R-side, taillight panel and trunk pan)?

What was the extent of the rear damage - was it both rear 1/4's, trunk pan... did it affect the C-pillar at all from the hit?? Question comes from the details noted of the rear being damaged at a previous years ago track event. Was any part of the front of the vehicle damaged during that same event?

Does anyone retain images of the vehicle when it had the track accident?

Do you also have recent images of the car with the passenger side skirt missing? You mention it above but images show skirts intact. Was the passenger side rocker or floor pan damaged after going up the curb and ripping the side skirt off?

What is the issue with the odometer? Prior Sales post stated mileage was 6831, your image is showing 6833, so the odometer adjusted somehow at some point.

Have you pulled the speedo cable from the trans to see if the speedo gear is all chewed up? Common issue when people change transmissions or try to put different speedo gear in for rear gear changes - wrong type of gear gets eaten by the tranny gear...

Any videos of the car running/driving?

Last edited:

sunnyd09

Established Member
Do you have any pics of the interior of the trunk with all liners removed to see the extent of the rear body repair from the inside (L-side, R-side, taillight panel and trunk pan)?
Here are some photos I took of the trunk when I last went down to the storage unit about a week ago:
Photo6.jpg

Photo7.jpg

What was the extent of the rear damage - was it both rear 1/4's, trunk pan... did it affect the C-pillar at all from the hit?? Question comes from the details noted of the rear being damaged at a previous years ago track event. Was any part of the front of the vehicle damaged during that same event?
This I don’t know, as I didn’t receive any additional information when I purchased the car. It seems like there are other members that may be more familiar with what happened (@JoeAsheville ?) and maybe they can share some more insight. I don’t believe the C-pillars were affected; all I can say is that the car drives fine and I can’t tell that there’s been work done to the rear of the car.
Does anyone retain images of the vehicle when it had the track accident?
Again, I didn’t receive anything, but there may be other members who may have more insight.
Do you also have recent images of the car with the passenger side skirt missing? You mention it above but images show skirts intact. Was the passenger side rocker or floor pan damaged after going up the curb and ripping the side skirt off?
Yes, please see attached photos that show the missing side skirt. I don’t really know if the rocker panel is differentiated vs. the side skirt, but I can tell you that there wasn’t any floor pan damage.
Photo8.jpg

What is the issue with the odometer? Prior Sales post stated mileage was 6831, your image is showing 6833, so the odometer adjusted somehow at some point.
So although I noted that the speedo/odo were not working, what I did find at the track was that if I accelerated a certain way (or maybe when got up to a certain speed), the speedo kind of kicked back on and once that happened, it advanced the odometer. It looks like that may have led to 2 additional miles on the car. I towed the car to/from the track, so that may be the reason why there aren’t more miles on it.
Have you pulled the speedo cable from the trans to see if the speedo gear is all chewed up? Common issue when people change transmissions or try to put different speedo gear in for rear gear changes - wrong type of gear gets eaten by the tranny gear...
I haven’t checked this since I put it in storage, and to be honest it’s something I probably would look into if I were to keep the car, but at this point this is something the future owner can address.

Any videos of the car running/driving?

No videos driving, as I haven't had time to pull it out of storage and I'm having trouble attaching the video here, but I'm happy to email/text a cold startup video to whoever is interested.

sunnyd09

Established Member
Bump, need to move this car out of storage to make room...open to any and all offers. She needs some work but is still a beast with good racing history.

sunnyd09

Established Member
She was just non-op'd this year - located in Santa Ana.

As I've stated in the previous post, I'm open to any offers, as I need to free up space. Someone must want a fun project car!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread