1994 Mustang GT Clay Bar'd

95ConvGT

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Established Member
Yeah i know it's not a Cobra but it was all i could afford.Well it all started out when i was 16 and my friend picked up this 1994 Mustang GT. The first look i saw it i wanted it. It had a set of Tri bars on it. It looked soooo damn good. Well i always told him one day i would own it. Well that day came about a year and a half ago. He decided to purchase another car. Well a little history on the car. He bought it from a Elderly lady with only about 40-50 k on the clock i really can't remember. She worked in ATL and only drove it on the highway hence the mileage. So he drove it back and forth to School at Georgia Tech. Where he now graduated with a Engineering Degree. So it had it's few little bumps and scratches along the way. Still shows on the front and rear bumper but i am undecided on what i wanna go with if anything. So fast forward to this day it has somewhere along 180 or so on the clock and still runs like a champ and will still break the tires loose from a roll in 1st. Well i have some pictures of when i first got it but i can't find it. I had my whole catback and stock H pipe stolen from a old APT complex i lived at. So i got a H pipe with 2 Catco High flow Cats in it. I also picked up a 03 GT exhaust. I painted the rear Tailight bezels yesterday and i am still contemplating on whether to do VHT night shades. I started to sand the rear lower part on my bumper in the middle so i can paint it. Also yes i am picking up springs tom. I am putting on a set of Jamex Springs. There really big across seas. They only made these for a very limited time so i hope they ride and look good. It's supposed to be a 2" drop. I also have a new set of Ball joints to go in at the same time. I will get some CC plates once i get up to Va and get situated in my new garage. Yeah i know why not get on with the pictures already HAHA aight.

Basically how it looked when i got it.
P1080488.JPG

P1080487.JPG

Then i picked up a set of 01 Cobra's :)

P3210515new.JPG

Now i finally got off my lazy ass and got out and Clay Bar'd the car. I used and abused that clay bar and worked it. I spent close to 6 hours just Degreasing the car. Then doing the Clay Bar and finally applied a Meguire's Cleaner Wax. I think it turned out damn good considering my friend never wax'd it in all the years when he owned it. :)

New%20pics%201.JPG

New%20pics%202.JPG

New%20pics%203.JPG

new%20pics%204.JPG

new%20pics%205.JPG

new%20pics%206.JPG

New%20pics%207.JPG

New%20pics%208.JPG

New%20pics%209.JPG

bam

Established Member
Looks like it could still use a paint job, but looks tons better than when you bought it. Good work.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Not to sound like a dick or anything but honestly don't see the point, the car looks like it has paintpeel on the front/rear bumpers and no shine left to it.

Needs a new paintjob FTW.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Hell ya man, WAY better. Maybe for now just have the front and rear bumpers sprayed? Looks like those are taking away the most from the looks.

BTW, springs are cheap ;)

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Not to sound like a dick or anything but honestly don't see the point, the car looks like it has paintpeel on the front/rear bumpers and no shine left to it.

Needs a new paintjob FTW.

You can't say it doesn't look better.....Nice job man!!

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Big difference man. Good Job!! Ignore these other guys saying it needs a paint job, sometimes its just not in the budget. Save up a couple hundred bucks and have the bumpers resprayed. Then when funds permitt and you see an advantage to putting a $3000.00 paint on it, you can do it. Props to the dedication to turn the car around, you did it!

95ConvGT

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Established Member
Oh i agree 100% it does need the Front and Rear bumpers painted. I am going to try to do that in the next week or so. I have painted a few fiberglass bumpers so i think i will be ok painting mine. Worst case scenerio is that i wasted a couple hours of my time, then i can just drop them off at a body shop.Yeah i am picking up a set of Jamex Springs tom sometime.

95ConvGT

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Established Member
All that hard work paid off..good job. Now get it lowered and paint those bumpers..!

Yeah tomorrow can't come quick enough. Those springs are calling my name :) Hopefully i will have them on by next week along with new dual piston calipers and new Moog Ball joints that i have had sitting for 3 weeks.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
New paint job, and new engine rebuild.

Everything is new in my 1994 cobra. I have totally redone the whole entire car except for the paint job. The paint doesnt look bad, but it doesnt look good either. But GL, 5.0 SN95s can be a good project but they are a b!tch sometimes.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Looks good man, and dont worry about it not being a Cobra the difference that year was so little I dont think it matters to much.

MAD SVT

The guy with the Thing.
Established Member
i think it looks great... good job!

my first car was 5 different colors (junkyard salvage) until i primered it black.... you definately got me beat!!

Users who are viewing this thread