1994 Mustang Convertible Build Thread

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
IMG_2513.jpeg
IMG_2512.jpeg
IMG_2514.jpeg
I’m going to document the build on my dad’s 1994 Mustang Convertible. Red with a now black top (stock was white). It’s an original V6 car with around 75k miles on the chassis.

Here are current pictures of the car. In the next several weeks we are towing the car to my house where I plan on doing most of the installation of the engine, transmission, interior, suspension, etc etc

Here is run down of what being installed:
347 small block (should be 470hp+ to the flywheel)
11:1 compression
AFR 185 heads
Trickflow upper and lower intake
75MM TB
Holley EFI
BBK short tube headers (I know, I know…long tubes will eventually go on)
Tubular K member
Rebuilt T5
Aluminum driveshaft
28 spline 8.8in with 3.73
Cobra front and rear brakes
J&M adjustable rear lower control arms
Stock replacement upper control arms
New seat covers
Some other odds and ends that I’m forgetting

We have owned this car for over 8 years. It’s taken a bit for my dad to gather parts, have the engine built, etc etc. but I hope to have this thing together in the next several months. I’ll try to find pics of the engine and of the car prior to these pics. I’ll do my best to document everything. I would like to YouTube some of it but I hate videoing so I’ll stick to this format.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is going to be a cool project. Should be awesome when finished. Do you plan to keep the existing paint as is? I like the black top so much better than the factory white.

Jon, why not install the long tubes now (vs. later) since you're installing a new motor now? Even if you had the short tube headers on hand, it makes sense to do it now while the engine is out of the car, versus going through an install later. :unsure:

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
That is going to be a cool project. Should be awesome when finished. Do you plan to keep the existing paint as is? I like the black top so much better than the factory white.

Jon, why not install the long tubes now (vs. later) since you're installing a new motor now? Even if you had the short tube headers on hand, it makes sense to do it now while the engine is out of the car, versus going through an install later. :unsure:
Well, my dad already has all the exhaust. We know. Putting in longtubes later won’t be too bad since it will have a tubular K member. One main reason is, we need to get the car done. Once it’s done and running right we will adjust. I hear you…it’s his money and parts so I’ll do what he wishes.
Badass. I like seeing builds on the 94-98 cars. I used to dislike these cars. As I've aged they've grown on me big time.

Keep us updated.
yeah they are growing on me. I would love a 96-98 Cobra at some point.

I couldn’t find any pics of the car on my phone prior to this but I know my dad and brother have some. I’ll post them up eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread