1993 Ford Lightning EGR Valve

gibbonsballer10

I need a new EGR valve for my 1993 ford lightning but i cant find one that fits. All the ones online that they say will fit the 5.8l engine wont fit. The number on the EGR valve that i took off is f-3te-9f483-h2a. I can find this part anywhere, i even called up Ford and they said they dont have any of them anywhere in the country. Someone please help.

68 lightning

Established Member
Looking on my shop manual for 93 truck, they call the EGR valve itself a 9H473 and the position sensor, 9G428. Has Ford got something like that? I was playing with mine the other day and the voltage did change with varying amounts of vacuum as the pintle shaft moved up and down. Hope I am not asking a dumb question but how do you know you need the valve itself and not the position sensor or the solenoid?

68 lightning

Established Member
Looking on my shop manual for 93 truck, they call the EGR valve itself a 9H473 and the position sensor, 9G428. Has Ford got something like that? I was playing with mine the other day and the voltage did change with varying amounts of vacuum as the pintle shaft moved up and down. Hope I am not asking a dumb question but how do you know you need the valve itself and not the position sensor or the solenoid?

Sorry, on a second look you need a 9F483 egr valve with the position sensor built on it, according to this shop manual on CD that I have. I will look under the hood of mine tomorrow. I thought the sensor and the valve were separate pieces.

Blacknsilvr

2ND Shift Racing
Established Member
I have a F3TE-9F483-H2A egr valve with a F2ZE-9G428-BA position sensor sitting right here. Its in good shape, just needs a little cleaning. If you guys need it let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread