1993 4-cyl. To v8 302 swap, eye candy! ;)

Mnstr50

Established Member
How much power will you make with the new V8 roughly?

Honestly, I have no idea. Really, it's just a cam and some GT40 gear. I'd say 300- ish flywheel? I'd be happy with anything more. Ideally, I want low 12's with the proper stall and valve body. I don't know if I'm asking for too much?

The car before the swap weighed 2,840lbs, if I can keep it under 3,000lbs, I'd be happy.

What's your guess?

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Honestly, I have no idea. Really, it's just a cam and some GT40 gear. I'd say 300- ish flywheel? I'd be happy with anything more. Ideally, I want low 12's with the proper stall and valve body. I don't know if I'm asking for too much?

The car before the swap weighed 2,840lbs, if I can keep it under 3,000lbs, I'd be happy.

What's your guess?

I think your spot on with the HP numbers I could see you throwing some Happy Juice on it say a 100 shot and really busted some ass - :dancenana:

Hard to see how car will do until you get it all dialed in, but it will look good going doing the track no doubt

Mnstr50

Established Member
I think your spot on with the HP numbers I could see you throwing some Happy Juice on it say a 100 shot and really busted some ass - :dancenana:

Hard to see how car will do until you get it all dialed in, but it will look good going doing the track no doubt

Thanks a lot! You've got the same idea as me, nitrous! ;)

We'll see what she does.

Mnstr50

Established Member
Ok-

4-cyl. Gauges removed and replaced with the v8 gauge panel (out of my 90' donor car)

imagejpg2_zps260ec472.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsa353c653.jpg

Shift indicator, and cables removed from the A4LD, and replaced with the AOD components;

imagejpg3_zps8c12b35f.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsd4595b4c.jpg

imagejpg1_zps5d2b49ed.jpg

Freshly wrapped engine harness goes in, along with the computer for the V8, as well as fresh steering rack;

imagejpg3_zpse3102da4.jpg

Headlight harness;

imagejpg4_zpse59f74b9.jpg

Sn95, 1994 v6 brake booster, brake master, maximum motorsports adaptor go in;

imagejpg1_zps1f7e918f.jpg

Everything will be pressure washed after install!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
^^AWESOME everything is working out nicely^^

Does the MM Brake booster allow you to adjust the pressure for the rear as well??

I installed an IRS in my notch and need to bump up the pressure in the rear.

Last edited:

Mnstr50

Established Member
^^AWESOME everything is working out nicely^^

Does the MM Brake booster allow you to adjust the pressure for the rear as well??

I installed an IRS in my notch and need to bump up the pressure in the rear.

It's not an MM brake booster, rather a direct install kit so that the 94-95' master cylinder can be installed into an 87-93' fox. The proportioning valve also gets modified to work with an sn95 brake package. MM does sell a proportioning valve, along with several other vendors, which is what you're looking for.

Very cool swap with the IRS.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
It's not an MM brake booster, rather a direct install kit so that the 94-95' master cylinder can be installed into an 87-93' fox. The proportioning valve also gets modified to work with an sn95 brake package. MM does sell a proportioning valve, along with several other vendors, which is what you're looking for.

Very cool swap with the IRS.

Thanks for the information I appreciate it.

IMAG0933_zps9796fd5b.jpg

IMAG0946_zpsf6cecda5.jpg

Mnstr50

Established Member
Thanks for the information I appreciate it.

IMAG0933_zps9796fd5b.jpg

IMAG0946_zpsf6cecda5.jpg

Wow! That's a beautiful notch! Fill us in on the details? I really wanted to go IRS, but I wasn't sure about the weight difference. I also have 3.73's in the 8.8", which was a plus.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
So far the motor is pretty stock from what I am seeing as I dig into it a little.
The IRS added about 100-200lbs and it has 4.10 gears in it with a brand new T5 trans it pulls pretty damn good for what it is.
I have the hood for sale now as I just don't like the looks of this one
One day hopefully someone will have a stout 302 built motor or 351 I can throw in it during the winter months.
The interior is all black and could use new seats as the factory ones are a little worn
Currently has LT headers and a catted h-pipe for exhaust.
Paint is decent but it really needs another by a true painter

So if you find you may have some parts lying around I could use let me know as well
BTW your Notch looks just as nice as mine no doubt

Mnstr50

Established Member
So far the motor is pretty stock from what I am seeing as I dig into it a little.
The IRS added about 100-200lbs and it has 4.10 gears in it with a brand new T5 trans it pulls pretty damn good for what it is.
I have the hood for sale now as I just don't like the looks of this one
One day hopefully someone will have a stout 302 built motor or 351 I can throw in it during the winter months.
The interior is all black and could use new seats as the factory ones are a little worn
Currently has LT headers and a catted h-pipe for exhaust.
Paint is decent but it really needs another by a true painter

So if you find you may have some parts lying around I could use let me know as well
BTW your Notch looks just as nice as mine no doubt

Very cool! I think the rear end is closer to 100lbs heavy, but I could be off. Regardless, it makes for a much more ideal canyon carver. I'd love to get the IRS with the MM IRS package installed. Exhaust systems look meaner with an IRS too! lol

4.10's is pretty serious, I had 3.73's in my 88' notch, and it made 1st gear all but useless, lol.

I appreciate the complements on my notch. It's a true Arizona car it's entire life, and is generally clean than my previous v8 notches.

Other than some left over 4-cyl. hardware, I don't have too much sitting around right now. I'll keep you in mind though. ;)

SVTORANGE

Established Member
My IRS has the MM package installed it handles like no bodies business

Funnny as my notch was a Florida car most its life and has not rust anywhere it amazes me

I look forward to seeing the finish product and some really good HP/TQ numbers

crazycarlo

Established Member
Looking good. I'm getting antsy to start on mine. I finally decided on the rims today. Just got to get my little Ranger running then in pulling the cobra apart to sell and start building my coupe.

Mnstr50

Established Member
My IRS has the MM package installed it handles like no bodies business

Funnny as my notch was a Florida car most its life and has not rust anywhere it amazes me

I look forward to seeing the finish product and some really good HP/TQ numbers

Im not sure if I'll get it on rollers after it's done. I had a bad experience locally with the guy that dyno'ed my 88' notch. I got one quote over the phone then a HUGE bill when it was done, plus he might have harmed the motor. On The other hand, the tune was good, and drive ability was very clean. But "if" I get it on the rollers, I'll update this thread.

I was going to have American Muscle send me a mail order tune, then play with the FPR to dial it in.

Mnstr50

Established Member
Looking good. I'm getting antsy to start on mine. I finally decided on the rims today. Just got to get my little Ranger running then in pulling the cobra apart to sell and start building my coupe.

What rims do you want to get? A part of me wants to go with Enkei RPF-1's or PFR01's (super light weight wheels, with proper offset and size for our mustangs). The other part of me wants the "SC Saleen" style wheels in 17's. If money wasn't an a limiting factor, I'd go with some awesome Fikse or Forgeline wheels.

For now, I'm going to run sn95 16" GT wheels (look similar to a pony wheel), since my tires are BRAND new.

I've also been eyeballing wilwood, SSBC, Baer, and Brembo-Ford Racing brakes. I want a two piece rotor to further cut weight.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Im not sure if I'll get it on rollers after it's done. I had a bad experience locally with the guy that dyno'ed my 88' notch. I got one quote over the phone then a HUGE bill when it was done, plus he might have harmed the motor. On The other hand, the tune was good, and drive ability was very clean. But "if" I get it on the rollers, I'll update this thread.

I was going to have American Muscle send me a mail order tune, then play with the FPR to dial it in.

That sucks try getting a tune from Lund racing you can't go wrong with his tunes as I use him for my Stang as well

Mnstr50

Established Member
Sorry for the delay in updates, here we go,

4-lug to 5-lug swap, 4-lug hardware removed;

IMG_3596_zps6e9923b4.jpg

Lower control arms removed to install poly bushings;

IMG_3597_zpsbed27ba9.jpg

94' front hubs, rotors, calipers, new pads, new hardware, new lines;

IMG_3598_zps32876574.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread