1985 GT build thread.

scottL

Established Member
I have the same exact calipers & color. Inspiration for me personally came from the Carrera GT.
You're going to love driving with that MM kit & if you don't already have one, can't tell from the pics, i recommend you also get a MM solid steering shaft. Much improved steering response now that you will be carving corners quicker. Just took this picture after installing 4 new adjustable Koni's. I hear you about neighbors wondering what's going on when vacuuming your garage!
IMG_6680_zpsnpabrzir.jpg

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Yellow calipers FTW :banana:

Can't wait to see this all done man!

Figured you would like it! You and I both man.

Coming from an aero-nose fox fan, nice job! :)

Thank you sir.

I have the same exact calipers & color. Inspiration for me personally came from the Carrera GT.
You're going to love driving with that MM kit & if you don't already have one, can't tell from the pics, i recommend you also get a MM solid steering shaft. Much improved steering response now that you will be carving corners quicker. Just took this picture after installing 4 new adjustable Koni's. I hear you about neighbors wondering what's going on when vacuuming your garage!
IMG_6680_zpsnpabrzir.jpg

Scott! whats going on man! I will look into getting one of those as well, I have a few last pieces I need to pick up to make it all complete.

scottL

Established Member
Scott! whats going on man! I will look into getting one of those as well, I have a few last pieces I need to pick up to make it all complete.

Hey Tony, enjoying the last days of our good weather..

Either way your 85 is going to be a beast once you get it buttoned up! Looking forward to see the wheels you're planning to go with:beer:

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Yellow looks awesome. Coming along nice.

Thanks Rich.

Hey Tony, enjoying the last days of our good weather..

Either way your 85 is going to be a beast once you get it buttoned up! Looking forward to see the wheels you're planning to go with:beer:

These days are certainly numbered lol, get ready for the inferno thats soon to come. Sent you a message btw.

I am still waiting on shipping updates on all of the Maximum Motorsports stuff, I placed the order one week ago today and I still haven't heard back from them. I have always heard good things regarding MM however I am starting to become impatient with them.

So today after work I was surprised by packages that came early today. Thank you UPS. Todays package was my 96+ front spindles, hubs and dust shields. The hubs are brand new, dust shields brand new and the spindles refinished. Next is my shock tower brace made by CH performance. I really like this one because it bolts to the floor, the side of the shock tower and the top of the shock. I know that many people say these are not necessary however I have seen where the shock towers became detached from the fender well so I found it as insurance.

The new parts

DSC_2947_zpsvuwnvhdw by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
DSC_2949_zpspco5xxig by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
DSC_2950_zpsxw7lgjdr by |SK Photography|, on Flickr DSC_2951_zpsrjvcopxy by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Last edited:

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Little update..... Had a delivery today!!!
IMG_3174_zpsym58gvn9 by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_3175_zpsnzhbefgy by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Everything was packed up very nicely and was all very well protected. All that care for packing is probably why it took so long to ship lol. Really though there was a backorder.

IMG_3176_zpsoq5plnbt by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Now that its all unpacked it looks like there should have been more there lol

IMG_3178-2_zpsytzkgclt by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

The diameter of the strut tubes is impressive.
IMG_3179_zpssjnmcady by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Beautiful pieces.
IMG_3180_zpsgj1c5crk by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_3181_zpsxq2nbdiw by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_3182_zpshvksp2zk by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

And finally the aftermath looked like christmas morning after presents.
IMG_3183_zpsmfaklxte by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
IMG_3177-1_zpse1sxyv5i by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

As far as spring rates go, MM ended up suggesting based on my setup 400's up front and 250 out back. I am not focused on comfort at all, I explained I wanted the most aggressive setup with what I have on the car.

I probably won't have much time to work on the car any more until next week.

Last edited:

scottL

Established Member
It's better than Christmas morning because you know you're getting exactly what you 'asked' for! Maximum Motorsports is great, whenever i have suspension related questions they have the answers. Never had any shipping issues personally & their stuff is top notch quality.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
It's better than Christmas morning because you know you're getting exactly what you 'asked' for! Maximum Motorsports is great, whenever i have suspension related questions they have the answers. Never had any shipping issues personally & their stuff is top notch quality.

The shipping delay was actually due to a backorder. I just ordered rear sway bar and lower control arms and the lower control arms are on backorder as well. Should expect those in early June.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
You made the right choice concerning keeping it or selling it. Let me know when you work on it next, I'd love to stop by and see the progress first hand.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
You made the right choice concerning keeping it or selling it. Let me know when you work on it next, I'd love to stop by and see the progress first hand.

Ha ha, thanks and I agree!

Build has been moving kinda slow, this weekend I went camping and didn't get much time to work on the car.

I did however put together the coilovers

IMG_3206_zpswydyj12w by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

I have my engine brace in place now I just have to bolt it up to the engine and the K member is ready to be dropped out. I am waiting on my rear lower control arms (back ordered) rear sway bar as well as solid steering shaft. Once those come I will be ready to start reassembly and hopefully get some real traction on getting this thing back together.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Beautiful car and build so far. I plan on a full MM front end here in the future. If I'm going to do a full engine swap, I might as well do it right.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Damn those coilovers look awesome.

They really are sweet. Very impressed with MM's stuff.

Beautiful car and build so far. I plan on a full MM front end here in the future. If I'm going to do a full engine swap, I might as well do it right.

Thank you sir. Next years project is the engine swap as well as engine bay shave... Need to get more practice with body work.

Users who are viewing this thread