1980 Ford Mustang GT Enduro, $45-60k Fox?

scottL

Established Member
HH15_r0003_011.jpg

HH15_r0003_05.jpg

7850330-700-0.jpg

1980FordMustangGTEnduro_04_700.jpg

HH15_r0003_18.jpg

In private hands since March of 1984, the Mustang has racked up just over 14,000 miles in its three-and-a-half decade life. Given its condition, rarity and role in Mustang history, Auctions America is predicting a selling price between $45,000 and $60,000 when the GT Enduro crosses the stage on Halloween. - See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/...r-the-street/?refer=news#sthash.VAgfnv8H.dpuf

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'd rather have a clean 85-86 5.0 Notch.

Front end looks Monza. The original motor probably made 175hp(1983-1984), as roller cam didn't come out until 85. And part of the rarity of this car has been ruined by the guy modifying the motor. It's as interesting as a Cobra II. $10K tops.

TClark22

Established Member
that's cool, if you want to be sober and vomit.

93 cobra over that all day, every day.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Not the best looking fox, but someone who is collecting would love to have it with all other rare editions

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
If it had some kind of racing history I'd say yes. But just the way it is I don't think I'd pay more than $20K.

TERMN8U

Established Member
That's a McLaren. I had the exact car. Found it in the buy and sell and begged my dad to buy it for me. It was $1,000. Rusted to pcs but the body kit was all there. ...... Then I gave it away because I figured nobody knew what it was.
Retarded move!
Ps. I was only 15 ., but I still knew better.

Last edited:

72SBC

Established Member
I dig it. Put some CCW's on it and take off the window thing and it's kinda cool in a box flare 510 kinda way.

scottL

Established Member
That's a McLaren. I had the exact car.

I don't think you had the exact same car. If you did, it was one of only 3 ever made:
"Three of these, launched ahead of the 1982 model year, carried something special beneath the hood as well: a 5.0-liter high-output V-8. In October, the second of these GT Enduro Mustangs heads to auction as part of the debut Auctions America Hilton Head sale. In addition to a McLaren body kit that featured dramatically flared fenders, a vented hood, a plus-size air dam and a vent-less grille, the concepts also came equipped with four-wheel disc brakes, three-piece forged BBS wheels, Koni shocks, lowered springs, an anti-roll bar, a limited slip differential with 3.73:1 gearing and a Ghia interior. Seats came from Recaro, while the gauges came from Stewart Warner." - See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/...eet/?refer=news#sthash.VAgfnv8H.O6cabx8e.dpuf

TERMN8U

Established Member
I don't think you had the exact same car. If you did, it was one of only 3 ever made:
"Three of these, launched ahead of the 1982 model year, carried something special beneath the hood as well: a 5.0-liter high-output V-8. In October, the second of these GT Enduro Mustangs heads to auction as part of the debut Auctions America Hilton Head sale. In addition to a McLaren body kit that featured dramatically flared fenders, a vented hood, a plus-size air dam and a vent-less grille, the concepts also came equipped with four-wheel disc brakes, three-piece forged BBS wheels, Koni shocks, lowered springs, an anti-roll bar, a limited slip differential with 3.73:1 gearing and a Ghia interior. Seats came from Recaro, while the gauges came from Stewart Warner." - See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/...eet/?refer=news#sthash.VAgfnv8H.O6cabx8e.dpuf

You are right. Mine had a 157 hp 302 in it. Stock brakes and a turbine style wheel.
This enduro is a complete package. Mine looked exactly like it though, except for the rims. Even the seats.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread