1911 Light

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
And once again I'm not worried. He wanted to see pics so I posted pics. I don't care if people know what guns I have. Hell they can look them up too.
You worry about u. And I'll worry about me. Pretty simple. I gave a good example on what people should do. Sure it might be my plan. Sure I can change it tonight. People want to dig that deep in where I live that's fine. I can pull all your info in about five mins too.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
Unless you shoot all the time in high stress situations, leave the 1911 on the night stand and pick up a shotgun. Your adrenaline will be maxed out and you'll be lucky to hit the ceiling, let alone an intruder. Plus, with a .45, you run a significant risk of punching through interior walls and hurting family members or exterior walls and hurting innocent bystanders.
In close quarters shooting, it's almost a point and shoot/instinctive type of thing where you're mainly focused on the front sight post. Turn on the lights and get to work while your old lady, life partner, or kids call the cops. You're kind of an idiot if you're going through your house Seal Team Six style with a flashlight and a pistol worrying about giving away your position in a home invasion scenario. Too many places for the bad guys to hide. By turning on the lights, you're taking away one of their advantages. They'll be much more likely to be in flight mode.

Ding, Ding, Ding...winner.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
I think having the lights off in your own house, is an advantage to you, not the intruder. They have no idea where they are. You should be able to navigate your home with your eyes closed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
f71fd9d499e319522742b686456c1edb.jpg

efddaf3f13e19ae9f014da3017ac1945.jpg

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Once again, this is great info for someone that is trained and maintains their proficiency. Lights that work with pressure switches add one more variable to an already complicated equation. Not to mention that you have to regularly check batteries and bulbs, which something most people will forget.

After 10 deployments to IZ and AFG, countless hours in shoot houses, and who knows how many thousands of rounds expended training on CQM, I'm still going to turn on the lights in most cases and go for my shotgun versus my pistol. Opinions are like assholes...

Users who are viewing this thread