19 year old totals ford GT/Young people & Fast Cars

Stopsign32v

Established Member
John Force does no driving, more like riding?

Driving would be like Nascar or Road Course events.

Excuse me then...........replace John Force with Michael Shoemaker or your favorite race car driver. The point is still the same. Experience made them good drivers.

Sick C5

Established Member
This thread is real...

When I was 17 my parents were in the midst of a divorce... in an effort to win me over, my pops bought me an 04 GTO. The next day around noon I left school for lunch and I figured since I had the same kind of car as Rhys Millen that it meant I could drift like him. NOT TRUE. I turned off the T/C and decided to get a lil crazy in a parking lot. I was coming around a turn at about 40-50mph drifting, then my tires caught traction, panic kicked in, and next thing I knew I was over the curb and sitting on top of a tree. Luckily my friend and I were fortunate enough to walk away unscaved, just REALLY shaken up.

Surprisingly, the car wasn't totalled by the insurance company. It sat in the body shop for 3 MONTHS. After new wheels/tires, exhaust, oil pan, side skirts, front fenders, front clip, hood, wind shield, radiator, water pump, and pulleys she was alive again.

I'm 19 now and believe me, this was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. For weeks I kept thinking, what would've happened if I'd of done this on an open road or a highway? I'd probably been hit by oncoming traffic and killed along with my buddy. That day I learned more than I can explain in words and I learned to respect the power of a high performance vehicle. You can't sleep on it or stop thinking for one minute or its all over.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Whatever its not our place to jedge either of them. They have the means to own these cars and good for them. A lot of hate in here.

None of us even knows the back story to this other than he lost control. Im just sorry for the GT.

I would love to have a GT and would baby it, but thats because I dont have $. People with money think differently, its not an issue for them. Its been this way for longer than anyone of us has been alive. It will be this way for a long time to come.

skipthedrummer

Established Member
it cracks me up that all of yall think that their daddies bought them these cars.

I bought my lightning right after I turned 18, and I did it by working 84 hours a week out of state for two summers, and having a constant job during the school year to pay for my insurance and gas. And this summer i'll do it all over again so I can afford to start modding it. Sure, dad's got some money, but he sure as hell isn't giving it to me. Ha, it was the 550 whp cobra in his garage that just made me wanna work more, so maybe one day I can buy that car on my own.

Are young drivers experienced, absolutely not. But, certainly not all of them drive like complete tools. Hell, i haven't gotten into boost in probably a week, and my L drive it everyday.

SB VENOM

Loves Boost
Established Member
OP is obviously a tool who is merely looking for an ego boost on his driving skills by a fellow "young driver" crashing his expensive car. :loser:

:pop:

000hp03

I'm full of SHIT!
Established Member
That is sickening. I love those cars.

I had a 650hp '00 Camaro SS when I was 20. Went into extreme debt buying it and modding it but had a blast and nope, never wrecked it. Lost my license 4 times though. That is to be expected however..

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I bet John Force THINKS he's a good driver and I bet you money that he is. :bored: What you said makes no sense. How old are you?

Wait wait, are we talking here about a driver that drives on the streets/highway or a track driver? You my friend are making no sense at all. So you are assuming that he has never not once has hit a car by accident or bump into something. He is a good drag racer never said he wasnt, but your everyday driving is different. Im pretty sure everyone here has made a mistake in driving even you.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
OP is obviously a tool who is merely looking for an ego boost on his driving skills by a fellow "young driver" crashing his expensive car. :loser:

:pop:

I was wondering how long it would take for someoneto point that out. :beer:

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
You guys that think this fantasy up about how you worked and bought your car and you earned it are full of :bs:. You probably lived under your parents roof while they paid for your college or high school lunch money. You don't pay for health insurance, utilities bills, rent, or half the shit somebody on their own pays for.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
You guys that think this fantasy up about how you worked and bought your car and you earned it are full of :bs:. You probably lived under your parents roof while they paid for your college or high school lunch money. You don't pay for health insurance, utilities bills, rent, or half the shit somebody on their own pays for.

I agree somewhat, impossible to afford something at that age (unless somehow you hit the million $ lottery at 18 ;-)). But we can afford car's, at 8 hr an hour working part time, thats how i did it, only went to school for four classes (since i took all my classes during summer school) and worked for a decent down payment. I only work for my car at that time since i couldnt afford to pay rent or anything else even if i wanted to, but that was back then, now im aiming for a house! :rockon:

Last edited:

skipthedrummer

Established Member

Riiiight, I forgot how your expected to pay the utility bills when you're living under someone, or going to school in order to make more later.

****ing tool.

I paid for my car.
I pay for my insurance.
I pay for my gas.

--edit: and I did good in highschool so my parents wouldn't have to pay for college. Hope FTW!

What the hell does paying rent when living with my parents have to do with anything?

Last edited:

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
What the hell does paying rent when living with my parents have to do with anything?

A lot actually.

Let's see...I spend about 2300 a month on my house, phone, electricity, water and gas.

I'm sure if I was 19-20 living at home again with a decent job I could do a lot more to my Cobra but hey, when you have to spend $7K to redo the roof mod money goes out the window.

sykal

Banned
A lot actually.

Let's see...I spend about 2300 a month on my house, phone, electricity, water and gas.

I'm sure if I was 19-20 living at home again with a decent job I could do a lot more to my Cobra but hey, when you have to spend $7K to redo the roof mod money goes out the window.

Shhhhhh

don't confuse the child. let him think he earned that big toy. :)

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Riiiight, I forgot how your expected to pay the utility bills when you're living under someone, or going to school in order to make more later.

****ing tool.

I paid for my car.
I pay for my insurance.
I pay for my gas.

--edit: and I did good in highschool so my parents wouldn't have to pay for college. Hope FTW!

You drive a pickup-truck. Be quiet little boy, we are talking about Cobras, Corvettes, and cars along those lines. Not F-150 trucks. :poke:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

****ing tool.

I paid for my car.
I pay for my insurance.
I pay for my gas.

This is all in refference to the op with a Z06 with a built motor and a supercharger. In no way could he get that on his own no matter how well he saved growing up. Think about it. What bank is going to give a loan to a 20 year old for a Z06? And then for him to turn around and build the motor and add the supercharger?

I say kid is lucky to have been born with wealthy parents. Congrates to him. Big deal life isnt fair so no use in me getting pissy over it.

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
Its not age or attitude, but respect and experience.

this is the problem though.. how experienced can you be with 3 years of driving?

with age you get experience which inturn gives you the respect and developes your attitude..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread