19 Year Old Killed by RC Helicopter

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I read that yesterday. Sad! The blades severed his neck. That was a pretty good sized helicopter.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Wow. That is a damn shame. He died doing what he loved. I feel bad for his father. He will probably never look at his hobby the same again.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Obviously the main rotor head was not properly rigged. They should recheck those blade angles.

rip...

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
He needed to inspect everything properly before giving it a go ahead

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
Everything may have been fine with his equipment. It could have been something as simple as a gust of wind and the heli being too close. Thats one reason I could never get into helicopters. Not very forgiving and crashes were rarely not expensive.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
I was going to get one. I bought the Phenox sim trainer. Nope, too hard to learn and im too lazy to devote the time it takes to learn. Them pilots are amazing flying those 3d helis.

I've been meaning to get a Sim Trainer. It has that gorgeous button on it. The *oops I buggered that one up, gimme another heli* button.

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
Very sad indeed. Mine has been sitting on a shelf for the last two years. Because id have to start from scratch and in fear of something like this happening. Oh well $700 paperweight.

Sorry to see this happen thoughts and prayers to the Family.

Users who are viewing this thread