18x9.5 wheel owners......in here please

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
For the guys that are running tires bigger than 295's out back, could you please post some pics and give me your impressions. I really want to go with a 315 Bfg drag radial, but am hesitant on going with a tire that size on a 9.5" rim.

Thanks
Dave

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
if i remember correctly i think that an 11 inch rim is optimal for the 315 tire size

it will work on a 9.5, but it is just pushing it a bit.

let me ask you, are you running the ford racing 00 cobra r 18 x 9.5's?

if you are, is there any rubbing at all whatsoever, lock to lock?

thanks

davidmax

Established Member
I'm running a 295,I would be running a 315 but for optimal handling IMHO you cant beat the BFG,KD'S(and 295/30 is the biggestthey go now I use a 275/30 up front and it holds the road incredible,you may get better traction from the smaller tire).The traction is decent but I short shift at 1800-2400 driving around town being a stroker I have good Tqe. even with an 8.5:1 CR,Try to fast and its spinville.Made more mods to the motor and with the live axle I hear they stick out awful bad,(I have pics of the slicks and it looks BAD!!!!!they didnt have my skinnies on front,all mounted on Bogart wheels)Kinesis promises a 7 day turn around so I will ship them from Toronto on Monday from Seans shop,and if I get 7 day turn around I will be amazed and I will push there product more not a better series of better looking wheels for the Cobra,but 3 piece modular dont come cheap.
Someone took pics(posted them here) 4-5 Mos. ago and everyone loved the wheels and the HUGE blower,Peaceful Sunday Dave Smilovic
PS I would recomend an 10.5 or11" wheel the modular companies Fikse,Kinesiss and HRE the 3 best by far can always change the offset they can having you run 335/30/18's on your stock setup,its all a matter of money,Dave

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Thanks for the replies so far guys. New wheels are out of the question for me unfortunatly. I'll have to stick to my Cobra R's for now.

VERTIBLEMENACE - Yes, they are Ford racing Y2K's. With the Cobra at factory ride height still, there is NO rubbing issues whatsoever. Althought, on my 02 GT which was lowered 2" I had a very slight rub at full lock.........no big deal at all. It just rubbed the plastic wheel well liner.

I recall seeing someone else with Y2K's on this forum and they were running the 315 BFG drag radial. If you see this please chime in.:D

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread