$1850 later

snakeraper11b

Established Member
ford racing diff. cover - $420, rear diff. mount - $280, rear axle seals - $45, pinion seal - $30, 80/90 gear oil - $40, fluid for the diff or something like that - $10, labor - $975.

I just don't really care anymore and I'm probably going to end up selling the car. I noticed now that I have another leak underneath? I have a 2008 saturn sky redline with the GM LNP upgrade and I been having a blast driving it! I raced my Sky against the Cobra not too long ago and just ate it!

Yeah, you got F****D good man. Your mechanic is a scum bag. He also put the wrong weight fluid in the diff. He probably put silicone gasket material on, then closed it right up without letting it dry, rookie (coming from a 23 year old driveway mechanic haha), or he just doesn't give a F because he wants you to bring it back so you can pay through the nose again. I would visit his shop with a buddy and see whats up. DONT EVER GO BACK TO THAT DOUCHE.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
I guess I'm just frustrated with the whole thing. Yeah, I could've taken the car to the ford dealership down the street, but who knows what they would've charged? Now, I have another problem to look into and I'm thinking it's a torn axle boot or whatever. I don't even race anybody anymore because most of the time, I end up losing all due to the fact that... you can't shift this car at high rpm's- you almost have to be on steroids just to get out of first gear LOL.

I shift my T56 swap 01 cobra at 7,300. It goes out and in like I'm at 3,000. Sounds like your clutch might be out of adjustment, very worn, not releasing completely, or the trans might be on its way out too.

TRBO VNM

Yup, totally forgot to mention the fluid weight. see what is leaking, hopefully it is the cover and tell them they need to redo it with the right sealant and they need to put new fluid it and modifier at no cost since they neglected to check what was in there.

mdrc347

Established Member
I had a lot going on when my car was in the shop and I wasn't thinking of the FTBR stuff at that time or else I would have gotten it done! Sucks for me, but I'm just happy the car is back on the road and I won't have to worry about something going wrong in the next few years. Eventually, I'll be replace all the rubber bushings with the FTBR stuff. But for now, it's fine.

I'll post the invoice later. I've been going to this transmission shop for years. The guy who runs the shop has a 2004 Cobra. So all is good.

How do I become your new mechanic? Dude greases you for $1000 and you say its cool? I need some customers like you.

mdrc347

Established Member
ford racing diff. cover - $420, rear diff. mount - $280, rear axle seals - $45, pinion seal - $30, 80/90 gear oil - $40, fluid for the diff or something like that - $10, labor - $975.

I just don't really care anymore and I'm probably going to end up selling the car. I noticed now that I have another leak underneath? I have a 2008 saturn sky redline with the GM LNP upgrade and I been having a blast driving it! I raced my Sky against the Cobra not too long ago and just ate it!

IMG_20120810_182021.gif

How much for the car as is? Send me a PM and pics. I'll take that POS of your hands.

mdrc347

Established Member
I definitely wouldn't call his car a pos....Its clean as hell. It just needs a little TLC. I wish I could afford an 03 04 in the condition of the OPS.

I'm just going off of his previous statement. The one that claimed that his Saturn would whip it. Was he driving both cars at the same time?

Little_SVT_Man

Established Member
sell the cobra!!! if you would rather drive a saturn u dont deserve to own a cobra

Oh ok! Thanks for your input. I guess I don't deserve a cobra even though i've owned both cars for four years. I'll it sell just for you hon :lol1: thanks, i enjoy driving my opel

hey mdrc347, i'm curious to know what kind of POS you drive? how much? send me a PM and pics. i'll take that POS of your hands.

dboyd0887

Established Member
This guy lol. Sweet 4 posts...lemme guess, first car with more than 4 cylinders now you think you're the man with your basic bolt on cobra. COOL BRO.

definitely not my first car with out 4 cylinders never even owned a car with 4 cylinders and you must be super cool with 790 some post as for me being the man ask your girl BRO.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Geez some of you guys are jerks. Op just check on the board for a reputable shop in your area...I actually have my tuner do my maintenance items in addition to performance because he's reasonable...I'm sure in Michigan it wouldn't be hard for you to find the same. Also don't feel too bad about paying a bbit much its happened to all of us at one time or another. Just park the cobra til you find a good shop. You will regret selling it if you make a hasty decision over a bad experience.

mdrc347

Established Member
Oh ok! Thanks for your input. I guess I don't deserve a cobra even though i've owned both cars for four years. I'll it sell just for you hon :lol1: thanks, i enjoy driving my opel

hey mdrc347, i'm curious to know what kind of POS you drive? how much? send me a PM and pics. i'll take that POS of your hands.

You must be confused. I have no interest in selling my car unless you want to overpay me for it at about $25k. I was inquiring on buying yours. Which you stated that you would sell, and keep your Saturn. Not my words, they were yours.

Last edited:

Little_SVT_Man

Established Member
You must be confused. I have no interest in selling my car unless you want to overpay me for it at about $25k. I was inquiring on buying yours. Which you stated that you would sell, and keep your Saturn. Not my words, they were yours.

Oh no, I'm not confused. Not by any means. It's called being rhetoric dummy. No thanks on your offer, not like I need another "pos", right? And, why would I sell my "pos" to a douche bag such as yourself? Hey, I'll make you an offer for mine! Special deal just for you - $25k. LOL. I got a buddy out that way that has a GT-R, he wouldn't mind eating you for dinner. Then again, I wouldn't want you to break a gear trying to play catch up :D

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
ugh yea some of u people are dicks
anyway, yeah sorry to hear, I think its best to sell it... considering you had it already for 4 years and if you see youself spending more money, save it for another terminator or another replacement car alike?

I just HAD it when I kept dumping money on my foxbody 5-6 years ago, and yea my old shop had some horrendous bills when I did not know a lot better (yaaa ok I am 26 now) and yea it all started with leaks, to a new built 306, to corrosion and rust coming through the newly painted body, I don't give a shit how hard it can be to make a car perfect again, when you pay... it better be done as such. and yade yade yada...BUT. once I sold it. OUT CAME THE NISSAN 3.5 ALTIMA COUPE and after deciding not to mod.... OUT CAME THE GT500!! shit wasn't cheap, but I rather dump money there anyday over that damn 5.0 I had (ohhh I miss killing u fox, u never did die!)

Last edited:

mdrc347

Established Member

IMG_20120810_182021.gif

What is your problem? Here is YOUR POST where YOU say that you may want to sell the car. Did you forget about this? I simply said that I may take you up on your offer. And, I was serious. And, you get all bent out of shape that someone is interested in the car?

Maybe I shouldn't have used the term POS to describe it. I apologize. It was a joke. But after reading the post above, I was under the impression that was YOUR opinion of it, not mine. How would I get that idea? Maybe because you basically said that your Saturn is a faster/nicer car.

Do you think I would offer to buy a car that I think is seriously a POS? But, good luck selling it for $25k. I would be a buyer at around $15k-$18k, depending on condition and details. Which is fair for that car. It is starting to become clear to me why you agreed to pay the inflated bill to have the rear fixed.

mdrc347

Established Member
Oh no, I'm not confused. Not by any means. It's called being rhetoric dummy. No thanks on your offer, not like I need another "pos", right? And, why would I sell my "pos" to a douche bag such as yourself? Hey, I'll make you an offer for mine! Special deal just for you - $25k. LOL. I got a buddy out that way that has a GT-R, he wouldn't mind eating you for dinner. Then again, I wouldn't want you to break a gear trying to play catch up :D

I have been wanting to race a GT-R for awhile. See if you can set something up. If the Cobra won't beat it, I will get the Buick out.

Users who are viewing this thread