180 Degree Stat for my 96

greenscobie86

Established Member
hello All!

I'm new here and have a q to ask:

I'm going to be putting in an 01 Cobra Radiator/Fan into my car fairly shortly as it is in need of the cooling update.

Where can I buy a 180 degree thermostat for this car?

Also the plug on the 01 Cobra fan is slightly different than the harness on the car? Where can I get the other end of the harness to be able to splice the fan connections in?

The factory 96 plug is oval with 3 Connectors and the 01 Plug is ROUND with 3 connectors also...

I'm loving the site so far! thanks for all the help in a advance!!!!

SNAKEYE

Established Member
The NAPA #109 thermostat is 160*F.
As for the wire end go to any Ford stealership and talk to the parts guy or gal. They sell the wire harness end with about 6" of the wires and compression connectors for repair purposes, as in my case where the plug on the wire and the socket on the fan melted together and the wires had to be cut to replace the fan. Just get the one for the '01 Cobra radiator.

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
I found my fan connector at the local junkyard.
I have an '04 radiator and fan I'll be installing into my '96 soon. Let me know what you had to do to mount the radiator in a non-TSB '96. I'm still trying to find the info to do so.

MouTine

Established Member
The NAPA #109 thermostat is 160*F.
As for the wire end go to any Ford stealership and talk to the parts guy or gal. They sell the wire harness end with about 6" of the wires and compression connectors for repair purposes, as in my case where the plug on the wire and the socket on the fan melted together and the wires had to be cut to replace the fan. Just get the one for the '01 Cobra radiator.
Napa 109 is 180F.

greenscobie86

Established Member
thanks for all the HELP guys!!!

I am likely going to go to my local Ford dealer and get that plug... It just sucks because almost all the Ford locations closed around my house....

As for the install. i think I'll be able to do it fairly easily, probably will move the rad brackets around by drilling out the rivets and moving them, and maybe make some custom brackets out of steel or aluminum plate...

So I will go ahead and get that NAPA tstat...

THANKS ALL!!!

greenscobie86

Established Member
UPDATE:

Went to the bone yard and pulled a plug out of a late model Lincoln Town Car.

Wired it in the other day... Changed the temp settings with my XCal2 and now the car doesn't even get to halfway up the temp gauge... Im a happy gaiiiii!!!!!

SNAKEYE

Established Member
UPDATE:

Went to the bone yard and pulled a plug out of a late model Lincoln Town Car.

Wired it in the other day... Changed the temp settings with my XCal2 and now the car doesn't even get to halfway up the temp gauge... Im a happy gaiiiii!!!!!

I hope you soldered the fan wire splices!

Users who are viewing this thread