17X10.5 Wheels = Stock Centers?

UniqueSVT

Established Member
I just bought a set of 17X10.5" rear wheels from American Muscle and I was hoping someone could tell me if I can use my stock Center Caps (SVT) on the new wheels?

If they are truly replicas I would think they would work but I was checking in here.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Scott

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Yep. I have the same ones. The caps fit a little loose but some Teflon tape wrapped on the inside clamps keel them perfect!

UniqueSVT

Established Member
Awesome thanks.
Sorry but what the hell is teflon tape? lol sorry.
Can I buy it anywhere? Is it like double sided 3M tape?

Thanks again.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Jomo is right. I used electrical tape, but either will work. Teflon tape is for sealing pipe threads and helps keep them from leaking. Found in piping section of hardware stores.

UniqueSVT

Established Member
Ok thanks I know exactly what teflon tape is now. I have done some small home plumbing stuff where I had to use some. Thanks.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
i put a few dabs of clear silicone on mine since they didnt fit perfect and i didnt want them to fall out/lose them

Fitz

Unique did you do it? Did you get the Black ones? I am about to buy the Black Reps here next week and I was thinking about doing the same thing. I need to sell the stock rims thou. IDK. Let me know if it worked.

rbrand9935

Established Member
I just bought aftermarket FR500 (17" x 9"s front and 17" x 10.5's rear) in Silver for my Silver 03 Cobra and wish to change the SVT Centercaps to the Cobra R (Snake w/Red R in the center) style thru Ford Motorsport. I went to check pricing and they want $70.00 for a set of 4. Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!
I thought $35 woud be on the high side but $70?. What other style of cap would you suggest

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I think SVT centercaps are the best looking, plus an SVT Stenicil H/E...perfect...

rbrand9935

Established Member
Seems like a lot of people like the SVT Caps. I am leaning towards the COBRA R's because of a spec of RED with a Snake will look pretty clean. Dont wish to plaster all kinds of color on this car as silver/black looks pretty cool.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Seems like a lot of people like the SVT Caps. I am leaning towards the COBRA R's because of a spec of RED with a Snake will look pretty clean. Dont wish to plaster all kinds of color on this car as silver/black looks pretty cool.

if u dont have a cobra r why put those??? a lil ricey....just stay with stock svt center caps if u like the clean style:rolling:

keith89

Established Member
thanks, exactly what I wanted to know:beer:

Weird. I finally installed my AFS reps and the stock center caps weren't loose, but they weren't deep enough, so they are recessed in the hole. Guess I'll have to rig it up with some silicone or something.

Users who are viewing this thread