17" Racestar skinny to keep as a spare in the trunk well.

BigDan

Established Member
Well I know it fit's the front's and sits below the trunk floor in the spare tire well, and I'm assuming it will fit the rear and get me to the nearest service station in the event of a failure.

Do you think its better option then using the Ford fix a flat or a plug kit on the stockers if there is a nail or screw in the tire?

I dont have a detroit locker or spool so it shouldn't be a problem for the factory diff.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
if the tire height is the same, then you should be good. if not, your definitely gonna be burning up your diff. a limited slip isn't made to constantly slip, it'll wear out the clutches and generate a shit load of heat in your rear end.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
I keep a spare 07-09 rim and tire in the garage. Always an easy fix to call the wife and bring it out if needed. I don't venture far out with the car, but thats just me. Def avoid mounting to the rear as the tallest tire i know of for the front 17" is an M&H 185/75-17. The 55 aspect (more popular) is advertised as a 26" but in reality a 25" with the weight of the front axle's.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I Was keeping my skinny in the trunk

If a rear tire went out id just swap a front tire to the rear and run the skinny up front untill I got to a tire shop...

No biggie

Users who are viewing this thread