17 Psi Of Boost

ford_lightning

Established Member
Hi i recently bought a boost kit for my 02 L. I orderd a 6#lower pulley, they gave me a 8# lower pulley, will it be safe to run the 8# lower pulley. The other mods i have is the Diablo Predator, exhaust, c&l intake pipe with cold air and mass air flow sensor. WILL IT BE FINE TO RUN 8# LOWER PULLEY. PLEASE HELPPPP!

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
I think you will be treading on thin ice. I personally wouldn't go over 14lbs. Might be a matter of time after you run the 17lbs that you experience parts of your engine exiting the block in a most harmful manner.

black04

Established Member
if you can aford a new motor right now thats about the only way i would do it if not send that thing back

ford_lightning

Established Member
OK i have the boost bypass so it has like 9 and a half pounds of boost, if i get the 6#pulley i will have 15 pounds thats safe isnt it.?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by ford_lightning
OK i have the boost bypass so it has like 9 and a half pounds of boost, if i get the 6#pulley i will have 15 pounds thats safe isnt it.?

I ran a 6. But the 4lb is the way to go. The 6 gives very little gains over the 4 and over spins the Eaton.

OH-MAN

Established Member
Larry speaketh the truth I am running a 6#er and will switch to a 4 as soon as the right deal comes along .
As with many things bigger is not always better, The added heat all but cancels out the HP from more boost.

Delta03Cobra

Established Member
then what times will a normal lightning b running w #4 pulley and a proper tune w the nomal mods such as boost bypass and cai?

Blown347Hatch

so long
I'm running a 6lb lower. JLP said it would be fine. I have noticed a lot of posters regurgitate the added supposed heat generated by the 6lb over the 4lb, citing the 4lb as being the better choice. However, nobody accounts for the added lower end - mid range power/torque you get from spinning the blower a little harder. On my low 9 sec Mustang, overspinning that blower netted me the fastest times. The 6lb lower is fine unless you are racing top end for an extended period of time. If that's the case, then I agree with the "added heat" concerns. But if the 6lb lower is worth 5-10 peak HP, I'll take it!

Peanut Racn

Established Member
Originally posted by Blown347Hatch
I'm running a 6lb lower. JLP said it would be fine. I have noticed a lot of posters regurgitate the added supposed heat generated by the 6lb over the 4lb, citing the 4lb as being the better choice. However, nobody accounts for the added lower end - mid range power/torque you get from spinning the blower a little harder. On my low 9 sec Mustang, overspinning that blower netted me the fastest times. The 6lb lower is fine unless you are racing top end for an extended period of time. If that's the case, then I agree with the "added heat" concerns. But if the 6lb lower is worth 5-10 peak HP, I'll take it!
Totally agree with you. My truck picked up generous amounts of torque with the increase of boost. The hp did not jump as much but torque is what moves these trucks!
Josh

Users who are viewing this thread