15x10 Wheel on IRS: How-To

RussZTT

Established Member
Ugh, I have better conversations with my young daughter, Atleast she makes sense. I'm done with this thread. OP, excellent work.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Ok getting back on track........ Grat job and it looks like those rims gave you hell!

Granted i know 15's are the better option but what about comprimissing and running a 16"? I know the down side is rim options and tire availability right? how do 16" stack up against 15"?

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Well, I actually have some 16" wheels to use....but by the time my car is "dialed" in....it is going to need all the sidewall it can get.

Rick, I know, I agree. Justin sent me my "touch-up" tune today....with a little note in the email, saying to quit playing around with the 93 and get to the real deal stuff. Hope to go to his shop soon with some Corn.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Success!

IMAG0884-1.jpg

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member
So you cleared with a 1/2" spacer, I just traded for this exact wheel set and was told they were 8" but they are 10" wide. So I've got a load of fun ahead of myself.

I've ready another site saying 3/4". Thoughts?

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
what I did was made my own rear tie rods, out of chrome molly hyme joints and they cleared perfect. a little grinding on calipers and I have 15x10 6.5 bs billet specialty wheels.

BMR Tech

what I did was made my own rear tie rods, out of chrome molly hyme joints and they cleared perfect. a little grinding on calipers and I have 15x10 6.5 bs billet specialty wheels.

Can you post a pic or 3?

I am going to make my own shortly, as well. May even offer them to a small number of people. :rockon:

I am looking into a completely different way to run the tie-rods.... Should be cool.

nicoli

Established Member
Hey I have a question for you guys. I'm switching over to a drag set up and looking into the darkstar 15 bye 10 rear and the 17-4.5 front. I was thinking of going with the 16 rear but darkstar doesn't make it that size and I wanted to run a 15 anyways not besides grinding away a few things what's the widest tire your able to fit in the rear? The shop talked to darkstar and they claim I'm able to run a 315 I think either 55-60 15. I'm seeing for the most part everyone is going with a 295. And they said back spacing either6.25 or 7.5 which one did you run? And for the front the 17 inch with a 1.25 backspacing do I have any modifying to do.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
17x4.5 fronts with MH 185 Radials

15x10 rears, 7" BS, 295/55/15 MT DR's.

I am not sure how people fit larger than 295's in the rear. I know it has been done, but, wow....there isn't much more room on my set-up.

itzl0l

Angry Bald Man
Established Member

really interested in pics ect. I feel ALOT better about just a little grind on the caliper vs grinding the tie rods.:beer:

rudycobra

Established Member
Same thing here but I also did not like the looks of the grinded down toe links , so I ordered ftbr bum steer kit with their toe links . Lot less grinding .

Users who are viewing this thread