15x10 Wheel on IRS: How-To

BMR Tech

Same thing here but I also did not like the looks of the grinded down toe links , so I ordered ftbr bum steer kit with their toe links . Lot less grinding .

So, did you have to grind on the ftbr kit???

Can you post pictures of your clearance/ftbr kit?

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
So will 15/8 be less grinding. I would rather have the 10 but I'm trying to do this with minamel grinding also what is the best offset and spacer to go with.

rudycobra

Established Member
zy4asusy.jpg
7ebu8uhu.jpg
y2eqedet.jpg

I had my 17'a on it but u can see wat I grinded

BMR Tech

Excellent!

Waiting for Bruce@FTBR to get back with me. If he doesn't by tomorrow, I am either going to get the MM Kit, or I am going to make my own bumpsteer/toe kit. I have everything in the shop to make them, just missing the time to do it.

Thanks for the pics!

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
just to let you know I bought that same stuff and ground on the hyme joint and after I done that it cracked were I ground it. so be real careful with that. I bought a smaller hyme joint from our local dirt track shop and the rod end that went up thru it and didn't have to do any grinding to the small joint, just the calipers and the spindle piece.

BMR Tech

I am going to be making a kit that uses a 1/2" x 1/2" Teflon Lined rod-end, it should work well and not require any grinding.

700hp04Mystic, can you post a picture of your set-up?

Mystic03

Established Member
i heard weld 15x10 rts clear the tie rod and dont require any grinding is this true?

03sonikblu

Established Member
Did you guys ever get the mm kit to see if it would fit better. I'm really wanting to do this but the tiered looks a little sketchy to me. If the mm kit or the ftbr kit is better let me know. If not I will be going with a 15x8

Nolimit

Established Member
we could avoid this by simply going to a larger 16" wheel correct?

Are there any 15" rims that when equipped with spacers do not need any grinding?

those pictures you guys posted of your rides are bad ass!!

Nolimit

Established Member
besides what you mentioned in the first post, you have a factory rear suspension still?

Also how many inches of backspacing should I look for when I shop wheels? Would 28x10.5x15 on a 15x10 wheel with 4" backspacing work for a 100% stock cobra?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread